Lumia 1020 post Black update

yogamukti

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Try to look to your settings>extras+info and see if it already says you have Black. If yes, try to go to store and update your Nokia Camera.
I looked into the settings>extras+info, and saw the Black information there. But then when I looked for the Dng format it did not exist in the settings. That's why I was very confused. Downloading Nokia Camera app in the store, solved the problem. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I found something was removed with the bluetooth update. Now, when I'm using a BT device, it no longer asks me if I'd like to reply. It only prompts for call and I'm done. That sucks. I LOVED that feature. I could have hands free conversations without picking up the phone. Now, if I want to reply, I actually have to call them. My wife's 920 (formerly mine) still does that and she gets a kick out of it. She even says that if she loses that, she won't like it that much. This is also someone coming from and iDevice.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So, how did it download the old version of the Nokia camera on your phone if it is just storing the app names in backup and no app data?

I am not being argumentative but the backup should have more than app name to download an older version. Is Microsoft hiding something?

Nokia Camera comes preinstalled. As such, when the restore feature checks for apps to redownload, it ignores Nokia Camera (the service only checks for titles to download, not version). As such, if you want the latest version, you with have to:
? Wait for the Store app to perform a check for updates and notify you to install, or
? Manually search the store, find the app and download the new version.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I found something was removed with the bluetooth update. Now, when I'm using a BT device, it no longer asks me if I'd like to reply. It only prompts for call and I'm done. That sucks. I LOVED that feature. I could have hands free conversations without picking up the phone. Now, if I want to reply, I actually have to call them. My wife's 920 (formerly mine) still does that and she gets a kick out of it. She even says that if she loses that, she won't like it that much. This is also someone coming from and iDevice.

Interesting. Send some feedback to Nokia and hope it's addressed in a future update. I hear they actually listen to their feedback, however.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If anything, my low light indoor shots appear to lean on the green side now. Not terribly, but noticeable. Black + Camera Beta

I actually noticed quite a difference in color just from the Camera Beta before Black firmware. Although, its hard to tell if Auto just chose different white balances. Old Nokia Camera was a tad yellow while the Beta was bluish. So from my limited experience, Nokia Camera Beta plays quite a roll in this issue.

niel27

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
If anything, my low light indoor shots appear to lean on the green side now. Not terribly, but noticeable. Black + Camera Beta

I actually noticed quite a difference in color just from the Camera Beta before Black firmware. Although, its hard to tell if Auto just chose different white balances. Old Nokia Camera was a tad yellow while the Beta was bluish. So from my limited experience, Nokia Camera Beta plays quite a roll in this issue.

So, your post made me take some more pictures and you are right there is still yellow/green tint at some ISO levels (eg. 100 and 800)

I did not realize that I had taken the pictures at 200 ISO settings. Surprisingly, 200 ISO does not have the yellow/green tint. Can you guys try that and update me?

niel27

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I remember taking pictures with flash before; they came out very warm and with red eye. There is definitely no tint with xenon flash and no red eye with Black update.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I remember taking pictures with flash before; they came out very warm and with red eye. There is definitely no tint with xenon flash and no red eye with Black update.

It's still there but greatly reduced. I find it only happens indoors now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb