04-06-2014 12:03 PM
59 123
tools
    The problem is, even when on airplane mode, the battery is still draining like as if it is connected to networks. Why so? Something is just not right.
    12-30-2013 07:52 PM
    The problem is, even when on airplane mode, the battery is still draining like as if it is connected to networks. Why so? Something is just not right.
    If you Oreo is warm, that means the CPU is stuck running something.
    ypi likes this.
    12-31-2013 12:17 AM
    lol 'Oreo' well put
    12-31-2013 01:16 AM
    Unfortunately, I've been experiencing the same thing. I thought it was background apps at first, and e-mail, but have troubleshot that away. Nothing is allowed to run in background and no "notification apps" are enabled/installed. No push on e-mail...manual sync.

this is from today, I started with a full charge 100% from wall charger. this is becoming a joke, and is unacceptable.

wp_ss_20131231_0001.png
    12-31-2013 08:44 PM
    Ya, but what could it be? Anyway to find out?
    01-05-2014 07:31 PM
    I noticed my brand new phone wasn't holding a charge very well out of the box. Upon setup and getting acquainted my battery power kept dropping in the 25% range remaining. So, I kept plugging her back in via USB. The charge would slowly rise to around 50% but I was using it a lot during charging and thought little of slow charging. Went to bed and charged it all night in 'sleep' mode. At about 9AM today it said the source at 40%. Well, I decided to just let it run out before charging again. It dropped to 28% remaining and said I had 4 hours remaining. Became worried. That was 5 hours ago and now it still says 28% remaining in the battery BUT 11 hours of estimated use...Think there's some breaking in going on but we'll see...
    01-08-2014 03:18 PM
    Thanks! This solved the battery drain problem for me too!
    01-09-2014 01:22 AM
    Yes, Phone was fully charged 11.30 PM and not used. I woke up 8 hours later 35% battery left. This happens after lumia black update. Please help.
    02-11-2014 06:13 AM
    I wish my battery was that solid. Mine is worth about getting rid of the phone.
    02-11-2014 01:33 PM
    All u guys who,getting battery drain should format your phone.i did,it and now i get awesome battery life...on,idle its shows 5 days. On,heavy use i get around 20 hours. Medium use 2 days, i have 7 apps active in,background, double tap to wake,glance screen wallpaper and glance screen.
    02-11-2014 05:41 PM
    I've noticed that GPS apps are the worst battery drain. I use Amazing Weather HD, and if I don't set it to always use home location, it will use GPS during every update, which will drain the battery quickly. And it updates for the Lock Screen and the Live Tile unless you change it. I also had QuietHours installed and noticed a huge battery drain with it. I uninstalled it, and I could see on the MyBattery app the exact point I uninstalled it because the slope of battery usage over time started decreasing at a lower rate.
    02-11-2014 08:28 PM
    All u guys who,getting battery drain should format your phone.i did,it and now i get awesome battery life...on,idle its shows 5 days. On,heavy use i get around 20 hours. Medium use 2 days, i have 7 apps active in,background, double tap to wake,glance screen wallpaper and glance screen.
    How do you format this phone?
    waltzik likes this.
    02-14-2014 10:07 AM
    Settings --> About --> Reset your phone. This will remove all the data too. So backup your photos and other stuff before you do that.
    BTW my battery life is much better after the reset(I updated to black and never reset before). Hope to see this camera in a 5" phone with the processor and battery life of 1520.
    Until then I will hold on to my 1020.
    02-14-2014 10:22 AM
    i have already got a lumia 1020..just realized that battery was %100 when i went to bed at 23:30 pm and it was %94 when i woke up at 8:00am.all background apps was turn off and airplane mode was turn on.any idea.?
    02-15-2014 03:29 AM
    mine is good with idle. even with data on, facebook integration and chat, twitter, weather app and 6tag background task is on, 5-8hrs still on 100% overnight, but using it is just the exact opposite, using only twitter and facebook will drain more than 15% in just 5+mins.
    02-15-2014 08:37 AM
    Soft reset or hard reset ? Please specify
    02-15-2014 08:58 AM
    All I can say that my phone is that the battery when on idle it will drain 1% per hour. EVEN on Battery saver with 3G turned off. With heavy use it burns like crazy. So mostly less than one full day.
    02-15-2014 09:01 AM
    What do yyou mean by"format your phone"?
    02-15-2014 11:40 PM
    What do yyou mean by"format your phone"?
    he probably means reset on about phone, it should clear the cache and might improve battery life
    Last edited by Sniper1087; 02-16-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    02-16-2014 11:30 AM
    I'll tell you guys what worked for me. Try it if you want or don't. Before my 1020 I had owned an 800 and two 920's on two separate occasions. Never had battery problems for the short while I had the 800 but my two 920's were terrible. At the time, background tasks were new to WP and, coming from Android, I figured I would preemptively block background apps to save myself some juice. Both times, I could barely get my Lumia 920's to the 5hr mark. Same thing would happen in airplane mode. When I got my 1020 I was concerned and, although it was better, it still was prone to quick drain. After a bit of research I came across someone who suggested two things. 1)If you have gmail, switch to outlook. Gmail has, in my experience, a lot of sync issues. I've noticed this on my WP, Android and even my wife's iPhone. Gmail will often get stuck in a sync loop which absolutely kills the battery. 2) don't block anything from running in the background. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but I currently have nothing blocked, LTE on, no battery saver and I'm getting better battery life than I've ever gotten on my Lumias. I've yet to not make it 15hrs with my usage patterns (which I would assume are average). It's like there's something in the OS that although you block the apps from running, they still try to sync or run, get stopped and keep trying (I have no evidence of this, it's just an idea) It's up to you guys to try it but it works for me.
    b0blight and matthoms like this.
    02-16-2014 12:53 PM
    I tried this, and yes it improved my battery, but only from 8-10 hours to 10-12. I used to get 24-26 hours, now I'm lucky to make it through a day. I need my phone to last 14-16 hours, but it don't last me my day.
    02-18-2014 08:16 AM
    Today(18-Feb-2014) i visited again for very same problem & the representative told me "Why you bought this phone, it has Known battery problem, even my(representative) 1020 is tend to Charge 2 times a day, with 100% charge it can give Max 1hour Video call on SKype over WiFi".
    :(......
    what else i can say

Lumia 1020
    Black updata
    02-18-2014 08:32 AM
    I'll tell you guys what worked for me. Try it if you want or don't. Before my 1020 I had owned an 800 and two 920's on two separate occasions. Never had battery problems for the short while I had the 800 but my two 920's were terrible. At the time, background tasks were new to WP and, coming from Android, I figured I would preemptively block background apps to save myself some juice. Both times, I could barely get my Lumia 920's to the 5hr mark. Same thing would happen in airplane mode. When I got my 1020 I was concerned and, although it was better, it still was prone to quick drain. After a bit of research I came across someone who suggested two things. 1)If you have gmail, switch to outlook. Gmail has, in my experience, a lot of sync issues. I've noticed this on my WP, Android and even my wife's iPhone. Gmail will often get stuck in a sync loop which absolutely kills the battery. 2) don't block anything from running in the background. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but I currently have nothing blocked, LTE on, no battery saver and I'm getting better battery life than I've ever gotten on my Lumias. I've yet to not make it 15hrs with my usage patterns (which I would assume are average). It's like there's something in the OS that although you block the apps from running, they still try to sync or run, get stopped and keep trying (I have no evidence of this, it's just an idea) It's up to you guys to try it but it works for me.
    Yeah ! The allowing all background tasks does helps. Quite a bit tho. Now I'm going to format my phone and try again. * fingers crossed *
    02-18-2014 08:54 AM
    I used to get 8-10 hours of battery on my 1020, now I'm getting a day with still 20-30%. I'm a heavy to medium user. What I did to fix it is I deleted my Gmail from my phone, I unblocked all my background tasks, and I charger my phone to full, wait 30 minutes after it's at 100%, then take it off the charger. I don't let it charge over night because it over charges it which makes the battery not last as long. Try it out and see if it works for you.
    02-20-2014 10:58 AM
    my battery is also very "strange". So ca. 20 minutes ago I was in the settings page and it showed me 41%, then suddenly it dropped to 39% (without showing me 40%). Then I immediately after I shuttet down the phone (normally by press and hold the power button) and switched it back on and I only had 28%(!!!!) left. I have no Google Accounts, 4 Mail accounts with sync every hour, every background task is enabled (I don't have very much (fb, whatsapp, metrotube, here drive+, 6tag, wheater flow, bing health app). And now I have 23%... This all happened in about 20 mins. It's very strange with a 2000mAh battery... But I think there is a battery calibration bug idk... hopefully it get fixed sometime... BTW is your micro usb port a bit loose, does your charging cable has a play or it fits and is fix?
    02-20-2014 05:07 PM
59 123