So I just picked up a new Lumia 1020 yesterday to replace my Galaxy S4, and so far I like it a lot. I had previously owned a 920 prior to the S4 but had gotten tired of some of the issues I was having with the 920. Anyways, one of my questions I have is, I noticed with the glance setting enabled, if I look closely at the screen in the dark, there are these thick black lines in the top left and lower left going towards the middle of the screen but don't quite go all the way to the middle. With the screen completely off or completely on, you can't see these lines at all, so it's not affecting the usability of the phone, but I'm wondering if I should be seeing that in the first place. You can only see them with the glance screen currently on and in the dark. Am I being paranoid about this potentially becoming a bigger issue or has anyone else noticed this as well? Also, the glance screen stays on the entire time the phone is plugged in, I have it set to turn off after 15 minutes, so I'm not sure if that's an issue as well. One last question, all of the buttons are fairly loose and don't give a very solid click when they are pressed. All of them seem to function just fine, however, they seem to wiggle a bit more than the buttons on my old L920 do. Just wanted to see if this is something I should try and take the phone back and swap out another one for or not. I got the phone through AT&T, not sure what their policy on swapping phones is, but if these issues are worth taking it back for, I may just go ahead and do that. Thanks for any help anyone can offer. I know the glance screen thing may be kind of hard to see, but I recommend going in a dark closet, turning glance on, and letting your eyes adjust to the dark and see if you see anything.
    12-22-2013 10:23 AM
    That dots thing is normal, you're not alone.

As for GS 4, did it start to lag? - Yes/no?
    12-22-2013 10:59 AM
    About the glance screen, i think thats normal because it doesnt completely shuts the screen off. About the screen not turning off while charging, it was the same case for my 920 and now my 1020, so maybe thats how it really works. Lastly about the buttons, my 1020 started to be crisp but due to usage it also became somewhat loose. But doesnt affect the performance though
    12-23-2013 01:48 AM