Changing two Lumia 1020's ROM from Malaysia & Hong Kong to Philippines

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello, WPusers.

I have two Lumia 1020 Phones that came from two different locations: Malaysia (059V058 RM-875 VAR APAC MY CV YELLOW) & Hong Kong (059T7B1 RM-875 VAR APAC HK CV WHITE). Both sim unlocked.

Here are the fimwares I want to use:
059T957 RM-875 VAR APAC PH CV WHITE
059T955 RM-875 VAR APAC PH CV YELLOW

My Questions are: (This was intended for those users who have experienced flashing Lumia 1020)

1. The White Lumia 1020 has random freezing/restarting issues in which I found a temporarily fix by plugging in a micro USB to the phone and charger even the phone is fully charged. Also this phone has some problems with the "open in Nokia Camera" (which was never tagged in the gallery). Will this reflashing can fix those problem? Because when I ask my Vendor about this issue, they told me that if the problem still occurs after they hard reset it, they will flash it with the other one (not a official nokia vendor though they import products and sell them at a much cheaper price than the official suggested retail price here at the philippines).

2. After reflashing, can I receive regular over-the-air updates like GDR3 with Lumia Black and Windows Phone 8.1?

I just want to confirm those issues before flashing those phones.

Please help me! Thanks

Last edited:

isicles

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have not flashed my phone yet but what i understand from reading is Flashing the new official firmware will not affect any updates

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am also from the Philippines. And like you, I bought my 1020 from an unofficial nokia vendor. It has an Australian ROM out of the box. I flashed it to Philippines ROM and haven't encountered any problems. Though before flashing, there were no existing problems other than the missing call+sms filter. And I believe Black update will still be pushed to our device.

If your freezing/restarting issue is due to software, flashing will certainly help it. You can also try a soft reset (Power button + volume down) if this will solve your random resets. I experienced it before on my L920 and soft reset fixed it.

Regarding the "open in Nokia Camera" option in your gallery, are you using the Nokia Pro Cam or Nokia Camera(if already updated) app? If you use the stock camera, "open in Nokia Camera" will not show up in gallery. Only photos taken with the nokia cam app can be opened on it.

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am also from the Philippines. And like you, I bought my 1020 from an unofficial nokia vendor. It has an Australian ROM out of the box. I flashed it to Philippines ROM and haven't encountered any problems. Though before flashing, there were no existing problems other than the missing call+sms filter. And I believe Black update will still be pushed to our device.

If your freezing/restarting issue is due to software, flashing will certainly help it. You can also try a soft reset (Power button + volume down) if this will solve your random resets. I experienced it before on my L920 and soft reset fixed it.

Regarding the "open in Nokia Camera" option in your gallery, are you using the Nokia Pro Cam or Nokia Camera(if already updated) app? If you use the stock camera, "open in Nokia Camera" will not show up in gallery. Only photos taken with the nokia cam app can be opened on it.

Heh, thank god I am not alone. Well I fixed the "open in Nokia Camera" issue. But still it does random restart/freeze (I didn't flash those phones yet).

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
You can try if soft reset will fix it. Dont worry, it wont delete any data. It will only reset your phone settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills