Help - 1020 RM-875 Only Connecting at 2G (EDGE) speeds

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help - 1020 RM-875 need to change band to WCDMA ore LTE

hi..i have exactly the same nokia...and i have read your post...i have a little diferent problem....my phone is working on GSM mode and works fine with thise carrier but.. when i want to change of carrier that works with WCDMA band (becouse is the best and the other its a crap)...my nokia 1020 holds the signal for 10 minutes and then drops to "emergency only" and then goes up again...and repets the cycle...i have been told that if i can change the band it may solve the problem... can you help me please!!! :(

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, what you need to do is dial ##3282# to access the field test app, and there you should change the network type in settings to force 3G (with this you will have HSPA+, LTE is unavailable because of the hardware on the RM-875).

Now, it seemed my network operator (Telcel Mexico) didn't allow access to the field test app, so if that is your case you should follow these steps after Getting Update 3 on your developer phone and then with Windows Phone Power Tools install the Native Toast Launcher in your phone. Once you have donde that, launch the Native Toast Launcher and type this in the target uri box: app://2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3-fc517345a3c0/_default#/Launcher;component/MainPage.xaml?DialString=3282

Hi Flaurehn -

Before i tried it. Will this works with lumia 1520?

Flaurehn

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It should work Rasahi, I've tried the same method on a 920, 925 and 620 with no problems so far, many people have requested me to make a tutorial for this, and I will do one today :D

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Flaurehn, sorry I am not good in these kind of things. But I really needs this to be done. I went to Windows Phone Power Tools site. While click the download icon I receive a message 'We can't download this file, because Windows Phone does not support this file type file'. I'm I doing things wrong?

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_1019 using Tapatalk

Flaurehn

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The tutorial is almost ready, sorry I've had little time. Rasahi the Windows Phone Power Tools is a program for your PC so you must download it an execute it there

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The tutorial is almost ready, sorry I've had little time. Rasahi the Windows Phone Power Tools is a program for your PC so you must download it an execute it there

Thanks, I'll try to download it at home PC and I'll give you my feedback.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
It tooks me a long time reading and keep trying. Lastly I managed to force 3G in my phone. I hope I am safe with my phone as now is developer unlocked. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster