Lumia 1020 Melted Nearby the Charging Port

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So Samsung now has one to talk about after Nokia's stunt on the Samsung S4 that suffered the same fate. I wonder if Samsung will offer you a new phone like Nokia did.

:p

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
fisrt off I hope your friend gets this resolved. I have the same phone for a few days and hope this doesnt happen. was it plugged into the wall? I have seen where someone gets a slight power spike and messes with their phone. I keep everything plugged into a power supply. secondly I would think about making a thread on reddit. previous threads ppl have made got alot of attention, it might be worth it.

alvinsfb

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly, this evening, the Nokia Care that we visited in the afternoon called back after more than 4 hours and asked to meet up tomorrow afternoon. And Nokia Indonesia replied to the tweet and asked for the photos so they can investigate it. This should be the kind of response that Nokia Care should have given earlier.

Woah. Great then
I think they called you back because you're tweeted your problem to Nokia Indonesia and one of the Admin of the account is on the NCC that you've just visited :winktongue: (jk)

By the way, for the Skydrive backup thing, I don't think that Skydrive will upload the full-res (38MP) of the image to the server..

Good luck for the claiming process, I hope it's not taking a long time to get the device back to you.
Semoga sukses.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So Samsung now has one to talk about after Nokia's stunt on the Samsung S4 that suffered the same fate. I wonder if Samsung will offer you a new phone like Nokia did.

:p

If this happened in USA, perhaps Samsung will do it. :p I wouldn't mind though, getting another Windows Phone from Samsung. :D

Send a link of this page to all of the directors at Nokia...magic will happen -simples
I would love to let this case forwarded to the necessary department so they will know how their staffs treat the customers.

fisrt off I hope your friend gets this resolved. I have the same phone for a few days and hope this doesnt happen. was it plugged into the wall? I have seen where someone gets a slight power spike and messes with their phone. I keep everything plugged into a power supply. secondly I would think about making a thread on reddit. previous threads ppl have made got alot of attention, it might be worth it.

Hopefully, it doesn't happen to yours. Yeap, it was charged into the wall using the original charger. I will try to post it on reddit. Still reading on how to use it. Never use reddit before :grincry:

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Woah. Great then
I think they called you back because you're tweeted your problem to Nokia Indonesia and one of the Admin of the account is on the NCC that you've just visited :winktongue: (jk)

By the way, for the Skydrive backup thing, I don't think that Skydrive will upload the full-res (38MP) of the image to the server..

Good luck for the claiming process, I hope it's not taking a long time to get the device back to you.
Semoga sukses.

Too bad, the response was not the kind of response that I expected. I asked the representative just now and he said there are 2 different company that distribute Nokia in our town. So I assumed, either Nokia Indonesia email them or after we said we were gonna sue them then only the staff forwarded it to their supervisor. Terima kasih :D
So, during the conversation, I asked some question regarding Lumia 1520 and 1320, so he said that they are planning to launch it in February. For Asha 503, around January. Hopefully it is true. :D

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
When we hand over the phone to them, they offer a temporary replacement phone. So we asked what phone? And the staff quickly said, it's not Lumia 1020, but Lumia 620. It's the demo device of that Nokia Store. And you know what, they want to lend their phone but without the charger. Strange right? Then he said, I can use my Lumia 920 charger to charge the phone. So we decided not to take their offer. Actually the guy that met with us is pretty friendly, it's just everything he said that they must follow the proper procedure.
Like when we hand over the phone complete with the packaging but we left the headset at home. Then they insisted that we must give them the whole package including the headset in order for them to send it to Jakarta. I was like, "Are you joking?" The main priority is the Phone and the charger. He said, it must match with the IMEI number. So I told him that IMEI number is listed on the packaging and the phone. It has nothing to do with the headset. And we will give you the headset, tomorrow or the day after when we have time to come over here again.
By the way, we insisted them to take the photo of the swollen mark on the finger as a proof and they don't want.
And actually, there was a girl from the Lumia Sales department that joined in the conversation and I can see that she is so sorry about what happened.

The irony is my friend was just about to get her girl Lumia 925 as his girl keep on playing with his Lumia 1020. So he thought she must be interested in Lumia and decided want to get her one. Perhaps the outcome of this situation will decide whether to get his girl a "safer" phone.

Last edited:

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It will be very interesting to see how this is resolved. I would definitely make contact with Nokia in Finland as well.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Damn bro, that's crazy, this **** is dangerous it would explode.
Luckily, he woke up much earlier to catch his flight. Otherwise, that thing might explode.

It will be very interesting to see how this is resolved. I would definitely make contact with Nokia in Finland as well.

Try to send a tweet from
https://twitter.com/nokia
Might worth a shot to speed up the process and nokia will be aware of this issue.

Tweeted to Nokia but no response. Tweeted again to Nokia Helps then only they respond.
They said, the case has been escalated by the previous chat agent I have contacted. Strange thing is, I haven't contacted them before. Only Nokia and Nokia Indonesia. So perhaps, Nokia Indonesia has escalated the case to them. As Nokia Helps did not ask for any details. All the details I have given to Nokia Indonesia, like they requested. Especially the IMEI number.
The last tweet from Nokia Helps after I complained to them: "That's OK. We understand it. Rest assured that the relevant team will review your case carefully and update you for the outcome." That was around 23 hours ago. No update from them after that.

Last edited:

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just email Stephen Elop on your experience with Nokia Care and what happened to your device.

If he helps you out, print out that email and shove it in those Nokia Care people representitives and say "DO I REALLY HAVE TO GO TO YOUR BOSS JUST TO GET MY PHONE REPLACED??".

Second part not necessary. By the way, I've been to Nokia's office in SEA. I know someone there if you need any help I can help you contact them.

Cheers

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Keep fighting!!!

Oh.. Yes. We intend to keep on fighting. Thank you :D

Just email Stephen Elop on your experience with Nokia Care and what happened to your device.

If he helps you out, print out that email and shove it in those Nokia Care people representitives and say "DO I REALLY HAVE TO GO TO YOUR BOSS JUST TO GET MY PHONE REPLACED??".

Second part not necessary. By the way, I've been to Nokia's office in SEA. I know someone there if you need any help I can help you contact them.

Cheers

Thank you for the help. Really appreciate it. Yeah, if the outcome is not that good, then I will need the help to contact that someone in Nokia SEA office.

Just to add some experience. Even though, it's not directly with Samsung. Just like in this case, it's not directly with Nokia, but another company that distribute Nokia's phone.
So, in here, the banks sometimes like to give out promotion if we open an account for certain amount, then the bank will give you a phone in return. In my case, they give my parent Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This was around late 2012. So when the staff came by and give the phone to my parents. She didn't check on the box whether it's is made in which country. In here, they tend to think that stuff that Made in China has bad quality. However, it's not the case. In China, they can give you High Quality or Bad Quality depending on the demand that the companies ask.
So after I test it for one day and then opened the back cover and it said it's is Made in China. So my mother requested the staff to exchange it with the one that Made in Korea. At first, I thought, they won't exchange it especially for a phone with the package has been opened. Surprisingly, the next day, the staff came by and exchange a new one that Made in Korea. Simple as that.

laynardi

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Nokia care indonesia was the worst. Nokia Finland should give more attention to nokia indonesia. Indonesia was the worst about Service and warranty problem at any Phone model. They just want to rip off your money. I'm indonesia and i oftenly got trouble when Service my Phone. Just called the Manager store and complain to him. My friend got replacement. Talk to costumer Service just wasting Time and they always say "it's customer fault and not under warranty". Hope u can finish this matter fast ��

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Nokia care indonesia was the worst. Nokia Finland should give more attention to nokia indonesia. Indonesia was the worst about Service and warranty problem at any Phone model. They just want to rip off your money. I'm indonesia and i oftenly got trouble when Service my Phone. Just called the Manager store and complain to him. My friend got replacement. Talk to costumer Service just wasting Time and they always say "it's customer fault and not under warranty". Hope u can finish this matter fast ��

Yeah, I think the Nokia Care in here is probably one of the worst. Nokia should make sure the company that runs Nokia Care has a good standard. Otherwise, people might just think that it's Nokia that has a bad service. Until now, no updates from the Nokia Care in here. Probably, need to wait until Monday.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Latest update from Nokia Helps

"We do understand how you feel right now, however, the best thing that we can do right now it to wait for the feedback coming from the relevant team. It is only them who can decide on what will be done on your phone"

It makes me wonder, did Nokia send the relevant team to the Galaxy S4 user that suffered similar fate as this Lumia 1020, before decided to give him Lumia?

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I do have the same worst Nokia Customer service here in the Philippines. I gave them my phone because the capacitive touchscreen on my Lumia 620 is defective. It took me 3 months to get my phone from them.

Here is my document:
WP_20131016_01_26_39_Pro.jpg

Then here is one of their reasons why they didn't process my phone:
WP_20131019_12_59_15_Pro.jpg

Well anyways, I have moved on and sell that freaking unit and brought a L1020.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99