Lumia 1020 Melted Nearby the Charging Port

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I do have the same worst Nokia Customer service here in the Philippines. I gave them my phone because the capacitive touchscreen on my Lumia 620 is defective. It took me 3 months to get my phone from them.

Here is my document:
View attachment 53624

Then here is one of their reasons why they didn't process my phone:
View attachment 53625

Well anyways, I have moved on and sell that freaking unit and brought a L1020.

The proper way, according to me, even the service center is closing, at least they should still process/repair the phone and then send it to nearby Nokia Care or perhaps send it to the customer's address.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late update, was suddenly occupied with lots of work. So, actually on Saturday, the staff that talked to us on Friday, called my friend back and said Nokia will replace the phone with a brand new one :smile: Now, with that, Nokia has kept its reputation in having a good customer service. That's what I told my friend as well before he decided to get Lumia 1020. And he said, based on our feedback regarding the lack of accessories from Nokia, so Nokia will also give a wireless charger or wireless charging cover for Lumia 1020 (I didn't hear properly) as a bonus. I believe it should be a wireless charging cover (CC-3066) because he said it will arrive in a week time and if it's wireless charger, it's readily available at the Nokia Care and we don't need to wait until one week. Not only that, the Nokia team will try to salvage all the 300+photos (Dual Capture Mode) and copy it to DVD and send it to my friend. Plus the headset that we forgot to bring earlier while we handed over the phone, he said, Nokia will give it to him as well. So he doesn't need to return the headset.

alvinsfb

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late update, was suddenly occupied with lots of work. So, actually on Saturday, the staff that talked to us on Friday, called my friend back and said Nokia will replace the phone with a brand new one :smile: Now, with that, Nokia has kept its reputation in having a good customer service. That's what I told my friend as well before he decided to get Lumia 1020. And he said, based on our feedback regarding the lack of accessories from Nokia, so Nokia will also give a wireless charger or wireless charging cover for Lumia 1020 (I didn't hear properly) as a bonus. I believe it should be a wireless charging cover (CC-3066) because he said it will arrive in a week time and if it's wireless charger, it's readily available at the Nokia Care and we don't need to wait until one week. Not only that, the Nokia team will try to salvage all the 300+photos (Dual Capture Mode) and copy it to DVD and send it to my friend. Plus the headset that we forgot to bring earlier while we handed over the phone, he said, Nokia will give it to him as well. So he doesn't need to return the headset.

Wow this is a very good news!!
Nokia keeps their reputation here. That really makes me feel satisfied and I will not worry when my phone having trouble or something in the future.

Thank you for keeping us posted with you and your friends story :winktongue:
Cheers!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Skydrive does not upload the 34/38MP photos, atleast not that im aware of. Try phriz.be App to email them. I do not know of another way without the USB port. Well, AT&T locker, but I dont think that will help you.

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the high quality upload issue can be done by going to settings>backup>photos then set those photos and videos to best quality.
wp_ss_20140107_0001.png

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow this is a very good news!!
Nokia keeps their reputation here. That really makes me feel satisfied and I will not worry when my phone having trouble or something in the future.

Thank you for keeping us posted with you and your friends story :winktongue:
Cheers!

Exactly. Just by doing this, not only does Nokia made the user that suffered the problem feels happy; it also makes, I believe, all the other Nokia users feel assured that Nokia will take good care of them when the time has come.
And by the way, the staff called back again yesterday and said sorry that the wireless charging case (CC-3066) is not available yet in Indonesia, so they will give either JBL Play Up or the Nokia Play 360. :D

Skydrive does not upload the 34/38MP photos, atleast not that im aware of. Try phriz.be App to email them. I do not know of another way without the USB port. Well, AT&T locker, but I dont think that will help you.

I'm not sure whether the relevant team knows about Phriz.be , but hopefully, they will be able to extract it.

I think the high quality upload issue can be done by going to settings>backup>photos then set those photos and videos to best quality.

Actually, it won't upload the 34/38 MP version, just like Blacklac mentioned. My friend told me that he tried to upload it to Skydrive with that options, but then we checked on the Skydrive and it's not the 34/38 MP version.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Got a surprised news in the 1st day of 2014 from a friend whom I recommended to buy Lumia 1020. His phone melted nearby the charging port while the phone is charging. He was using the original charger that comes with the Lumia 1020. Thank God there was no explosion.

View attachment 53263
View attachment 53264
View attachment 53265
View attachment 53266

And expected, the Nokia in my country wouldn't respond to the tweet I posted to them. Will go to the Nokia Care and see what are they going to do later.

More pictures
View attachment 53271
View attachment 53273
View attachment 53276
View attachment 53274
View attachment 53275

My friend didn't realized there was a problem so he casually unplug the charger and cause some swollen on his finger due to the heat.
The phone was purchased at December 8, 2013.

You should post this on YouTube. Samsung may you a brand new phone. But trust me you must post this on YouTube and let see how Nokia will react with this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon