So I finally updated to Black today and to my surprise the damn yellow tint is still present when using flash indoors.

I did one shot before the update with Nokia Pro Cam, and on after the Black update and after updating to Nokia Camera.
    They look nearly identical.

before black
    before-black-crop.jpg

after black
    after-black-crop.jpg

no flash after black [this looks most like the real thing]
    2after-black-no-flash.jpg

Anyone else notice similar issue with the yellow tint not being fixed after updating to Black?

edit: Also forgot to mention, all setting were on auto, on the top two shots, on the no flash one, change from auto flash to no flash.
    01-02-2014 10:08 PM
    Black update fixed the yellow tint and also improved no flash low light images to a great extent on my Lumia. I don't have examples handy but I would say on a percentage scale pics are 40% better, still not perfect but visibly more accurate. Try some manual settings?
    01-02-2014 10:47 PM
    Black update fixed the yellow tint and also improved no flash low light images to a great extent on my Lumia. I don't have examples handy but I would say on a percentage scale pics are 40% better, still not perfect but visibly more accurate. Try some manual settings?
    Yeah sure playing around with the setting I can get a lot better shot, but I posted this to show the comparison between the shots when left on full auto, as based on what others said I was expecting it to not have such a pronounced yellow tint after the Black Update.
    01-02-2014 11:11 PM
    That is disappointing to hear. That is my biggest issue with my 928. I expected better from the camera. Sure I can manually adjust the settings but I shouldn't have to do that to get an accurate shot. I hope I get better results when the update comes to the 928.
    01-02-2014 11:20 PM
    Keep ISO to 200 and all other settings to AUTO. Works great for me, no yellow tint with flash!
    01-03-2014 12:43 AM
    The best fix for yellow tint is to use crop edit app and use auto fix in it...and vola your snap is perfect. Try it
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-03-2014 01:55 AM
    The best fix for yellow tint is to use crop edit app and use auto fix in it...and vola your snap is perfect. Try it
    what app are you referring to?
    John20212 likes this.
    01-03-2014 02:29 AM
    Don't think he's referring to an app per se - just look at the photo in your camera roll and choose the 'crop/edit/rotate' option or whatever it is called. I'm guessing it's that.
    01-03-2014 02:48 AM
    Don't think he's referring to an app per se - just look at the photo in your camera roll and choose the 'crop/edit/rotate' option or whatever it is called. I'm guessing it's that.
    ah okay. With all the Nokia apps I completely forgot about the built in features. That does seem to fix it too. Just tried with mine.
    01-03-2014 12:53 PM
    Are you using Nokia Camera Beta? If not, try it.
    01-04-2014 04:06 AM
    Yes. That is the one I'm using and I get that same yellow tent if I don't adjust manually.
    Last edited by cwbcpa; 01-04-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    01-04-2014 11:07 AM
    What is the benefit of using Beta on the 1020 ?, I had both Beta and official Nokia Camera and other than a slight difference in shutter speed -
    I couldn't see any difference between the jpegs and using Olympus Viewer 3 software with all the data that no one cares about like Meaning of each component: YCbCr, GAMA, DPI even with the Histogram laid side by side it was impossible to see a difference between Beta and Official
    in the photos, they were the same except for shutter speed, and I'm taking about 1/12s sec vs 1/11s
    Beta is made for non PureView cameras and acts according their OS so why use it when the 1020 has the official Nokia Camera ?
    Maybe I'm missing something which is entirely possible so please let me know why Beta instead of Official ?
    01-04-2014 04:53 PM
    Nokia Camera Beta includes the smart sequence function from the Nokia Smart Cam. Looks like Nokia is working to combine the features of Nokia Smart Cam with Nokia Camera Beta.
    01-04-2014 05:45 PM
    Nokia Camera Beta includes the smart sequence function from the Nokia Smart Cam. Looks like Nokia is working to combine the features of Nokia Smart Cam with Nokia Camera Beta.
    Official Nokia Camera has Smart Cam too, BETA already has it.
    01-04-2014 06:29 PM
    What is the benefit of using Beta on the 1020 ?, I had both Beta and official Nokia Camera and other than a slight difference in shutter speed -
    I couldn't see any difference between the jpegs and using Olympus Viewer 3 software with all the data that no one cares about like Meaning of each component: YCbCr, GAMA, DPI even with the Histogram laid side by side it was impossible to see a difference between Beta and Official
    in the photos, they were the same except for shutter speed, and I'm taking about 1/12s sec vs 1/11s
    Beta is made for non PureView cameras and acts according their OS so why use it when the 1020 has the official Nokia Camera ?
    Maybe I'm missing something which is entirely possible so please let me know why Beta instead of Official ?
    I took back to back images of the same exact shot, using both Apps, and the beta had a much cooler tone. Midday, well lit, indoor shots.

I didn't try a flash
    01-04-2014 10:47 PM
    I took back to back images of the same exact shot, using both Apps, and the beta had a much cooler tone. Midday, well lit, indoor shots.

I didn't try a flash
    I can't see any difference and Olympus Viewer 3 RGB Histogram shows 0 difference.

Could you please post those two pictures ( or two different/but exact same scene)
    with a screen shots of the "picture info" ? -if you wouldn't mind.
    01-05-2014 12:15 AM
    I can't see any difference and Olympus Viewer 3 RGB Histogram shows 0 difference.

Could you please post those two pictures ( or two different/but exact same scene)
    with a screen shots of the "picture info" ? -if you wouldn't mind.
    not those 2, I had no plan on sharing them. Just a bunch of paperwork.

I could take more, but if you don't get the same difference, why bother?
    01-05-2014 03:44 PM
    I also have the same problem. Pictures are very nice and sharp right after you take it and then the post processing destroys the picture after 2 seconds. It became yellowish. If you tried to use the front camera, see how you will look like a simpson.
    01-07-2014 09:13 AM
    When I download ( not email) the picture to my PC the yellowish tinge disappears.
    01-07-2014 05:40 PM
    With the Black update, a lot of the saturation can be solved with the Auto-Fix feature. Not all, but some, especially for those indoor flash photos.
    01-12-2014 02:29 AM
    I'm trying to get outside, especially evening sunset pictures, to be more realistic. Anyone come up with some settings for this? I tend to take photos using the Nokia Camera software, so maybe I need to try some of the other camera options. Not sure....would be interested in what others find work well with sunset settings. I have some amazing views off my balcony but the pink cloud color turns almost orange. Thanks for any hints.
    01-12-2014 05:11 PM
    I got my black upadate yesterday when in using flash subject skin tone more natural n no more yellowish n too red on skintine..tq black update
    01-13-2014 02:03 AM
    Yellow tint with indoor flash remains after the update. Absolutely no difference. Looks just as yellow on my PC as it does in the camera. Total 100% fail. Renders this device unsuitable for general use. The fact that Nokia has not fixed this fundamental issue indicates a serious deep system flaw. Very disappointing.
    01-21-2014 01:21 PM
    Just an update to my initial post. Couple of days ago I got an update for Nokia Camera to version 4.5.1.5 and based on initial test it seems to have improved the yellow tint a bit, still present but seems bit less extreme.

Based on Nokia's track record I trust they will keep improving it until it's perfect one day.
    01-21-2014 02:41 PM