How come that black update is coming to some and not everyone?

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Got 1020 - black color. Live in Sweden and bought it here. And I can see that lots of people can update the phone. How come that I can't do it.

When they update for example a game or windows does everyone get it at the same time.

I don't get it :/ ok if the phones has different serial numbers etc, but why do you make different things on the same phone?

Sorry for bad English, thanks

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
black update was only received by at&t lumia 1020 and 1520 in the US. other countries should receive the update this quarter

StephanDanner

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
In this case I would not give 100% credit to jmshub's statement:
AT&T Lumias have different hardware (RM-877) so I guess Nokia/Microsoft decided to give AT&T customers a special Christmas gift by issuing the black update before the slated early 2014 timeframe.
All other HW-variants (RM-876 and the worldwide RM-875) need additional adaptations to the update (besides the different HW there are a lot of different languages to support).
Nokia need to generate each country variant before issuing the updates.
Besides Nokia also needs to update all information regarding the update (local websites, documentation etc.)

Before the providers receive the updates Nokia has to finish the development of the update.
Then typically the update is issued to non-provider phones immediately, at phones provided by mobile providers the provider has to approve the update first before rolling it out.
That is why provider phones typically receive updates later than unlocked phones.

<edit>
Concluding for RM-877 the update exists and AT&T has approved it already whereas other carriers with RM-877 variants have not approved the update yet.
</edit>

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers