Does updating to Lumia Black undo the keyboard hack for tethering?

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
HI, straightforward question:
Does updating to Lumia Black undo the keyboard hack for tethering?

And if so, can this be remedied by performing the keyboard hack once more?

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a lot of work to get tethering enabled. I was able to use trooter's post to enable tethering on my 1020: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ing-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html#post2232278

I have Black Update, unlocked, purchased my phone from Microsoft Store, using it on T-Mobile. Tethering works for me still.

Trooter's method only works on devices that allow you to edit the APN from the cellular settings app. As far as we know, that only applies to devices with AT&T ROMS. So international devices don't get tethering with Trooter's method, and if you don't have access to another SIM, trooter's method also becomes difficult.

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I have a AT&T 920 and I upgraded to Lumia Black firmware this week and lost the tethering / internet sharing using the keyboard hack that I used when I was on Lumia Amber firmware.

I will try to test a few things tonight and see if I can restore internet sharing on my GoPhone plan.

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
OK, I restored the internet sharing. If you leave Spanish keyboard installed on device before the upgrade, YOU WILL LOSE the ability to share internet after Lumia Black update.

To enable internet sharing / tethering -

First option (If you have not upgraded to Lumia Black yet) -
1. Remove all non-english keyboards from device before installing the Lumia Black update. (Settings--> Keyboard)
2. After the Lumia Black upgrade finishes, install Spanish (Mexico or Spain) keyboards. (Settings--> Keyboard--> Add keyboard)

Second option (if you have already installed Lumia Black firmware) -
1. BACKUP ALL CONTENTS OF YOUR PHONE (you will likely lose everything)
1. Remove/delete all non-english keyboards from device. (Settings--> Keyboard)
2. Reset the device (Settings--> About --> Reset your phone). CAREFUL - YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON PHONE!
3. After reset is complete, install Spanish (Mexico or Spain) keyboards. (Settings--> Keyboard--> Add keyboard)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss