2 Issues. Please Help !!!

isicles

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Issue 1:

Scenario 1: When I make a Call - During an Outgoing Call from my phone

During the call if I get an incoming call uisng the call waiting option , at that time the incoming call works fine but number is shown as "UNKNOWN" number. I tried this with a contact stored in my number still it is showing as " UNKNOWN"

Scenario 2: When I receive a call: - During an Incoming Call to my phone:

During an incoming call the call waiting works fine and the number or the name is displayed correctly.

I am not able to figure this issue. I tried factory reset and transferred my contacts again. Contacts transferring without any issues. Syncing well.

Called my operator and they said all network settings are fine

Tried putting the sim in another phone (Samsung s4) it works perfect both scenarios(outgoing / incoming)

The UNKNOWN number is a big issue for me as I dont know who called me, I missed an emergency call and worst thing is we cant call back too.

Does anyone face the same issue like me.

Could anyone suggest a solution.

Issue 2:

Everytime i soft boot my phone, The Date and Time on the phone changes.

Checked Region Settings and Auto Update Time is "ON" but i still need to manually change this.

Is this normal? What should i do?

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Haven't noticed the caller id, some can't comment on that. I'll have to try an keep an eye on that.

Your Date & Time issue, I have not experienced. I soft reset my phone frequently and have not had to set my date or time ever. I haven't had issues with this in years. Back before smartphones were developed, the carriers were in the lazy habit of not setting the time zone, date, or time on their towers, and this would cause my phone to not only be wrong, but also change depending on which tower it was connected to. I doubt this is the issue, since I have not seen this in many many years. Have you tried a hard reset?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The time issue is down to your service provider, oddly. MS have run an internet time server for Windows for years, but for some reason when making WP8 they forgot to use it. Red faces all round at Redmond that day! So until this is fixed your phone relies on your carrier to send the time. Some do, some don't and some mess it up regularly. If you soft reset your phone without a valid time feed it'll reset the clock. Fun times, huh?

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The issue #2 is just normal. It will reset the your date and time every time you do the soft reset procedure. Though the first issue is a big one. Based on my experience, if you received a Incoming Call from a SatPhone or a International call it is normal that you will see the "Unknown" on the caller ID. But a local call, nah. I think you might have a issue in contacts/people. Try to reconnect facebook, edit or check outlook/google contacts. Maybe you have phone numbers that have been duplicated.

Last edited:

isicles

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I flashed the phone and tried it with adding fb or any other accounts. No duplicate contacts as for trial purpose I used 2 local number which show names when I receive 2 incoming call while the same number not displaying when I place outgoing call

Sent from my RM-875_eu_belgium_971 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky