Sports armband case for the 1020

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any recommendations for a sports armband for the 1020 please?

I've seen a few on the WP store which are well rated but have poor written reviews so I was hoping someone here would be able to point me in the direction of one that works well with the 1020. It would be nice if it had another pocket for keys or perhaps headphones when not in use.

Any help would be cool :)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Laura.

I did mention in my first post that I have seen a few in the WP Store which had positive ratings but poor written reviews. The link you provided is the same. All products have 5 star ratings but only two have written reviews and each are 2 stars and under and quite critical.

I was hoping to hear from some people who have found a good product which they can recommend.

Thanks again for the reply though :)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Gonna ditch the quest for an armband as there just doesn't seem to be one that does what I need and has good reviews.

I'm going to look for a sports waist pack/bumbag kinda thing instead.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
For anyone interested...

I've been using the Tune Belt IP5 belt for over a week now. It's mostly been a positive experience and for anyone debating whether to get a waist band instead of an arm band, I can recommend it. It's very comfortable to wear. The 1020 fits well and snug and doesn't bounce around..it is kinda hard to notice wearing it when running.

Getting the phone in is a breeze but getting it out again can be a little fiddly. I'm not sure if this is because I have a screen protector on the 1020 which could be adding extra grip against the clear window of the belt but I have to force a couple of fingers in between the phone and belt window in order to pull the phone out. Also, I'm not 100% sure it's waterproof. There are clear gaps at the velcro end where I plug headphones in. I usually wear my SBH52 headset when out running so this isn't usually an issue but on the couple of occasions when it has been raining, I haven't wanted to take the chance getting the headset wet so have taken my Sennheiser in-ear headphones instead. Common sense suggests to wear the belt under a running shirt so it's not only more discreet but provides a little extra protection from the elements, but I'm not sure I could trust it to keep my phone perfectly dry in a heavy downpour.

All in all, pretty good piece of kit. Very comfortable and does the job but slight reservations about using it in heavy rain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea