The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I have problem with Viber on my 1020.
    When i exit the app or press home to close it i can't receive calls anymore, ppl say that my status is offline, and even when i open the app my phone is not ringing when my friend is calling me.
    And then after few seconds or minutes i get info about missed call(s).

It's totally messed up because sometimes its ringing but only when Viber is opened i think.

Anyone have same issue??
    01-07-2014 12:39 PM
    Welcome to Windows Phone ecosystem! /s

I can understand your pain. This problem happens with Skype too. Reinstalling the app worked for me as far as Viber is concerned.

Also, I read somewhere that WP8 can handle maximum 21 background processes with only 7 turned ON. So, remove all the apps which you do not use.

With the above measure and Black update, Viber works great.
    01-08-2014 01:45 PM
    Hi! i would like to ask you if viber rings like a classic call when the screen is locked!Or is just a toast notification and you have to open the app to answer ?
    01-09-2014 04:20 AM
    Hi! i would like to ask you if viber rings like a classic call when the screen is locked!Or is just a toast notification and you have to open the app to answer ?
    Mine since Last Week is just a TOAST NOTIFICATION (Viber and Skype).
    Before that both called like a regular phone call.
    Do you have any inputs about this change?
    01-09-2014 01:31 PM
    Mine since Last Week is just a TOAST NOTIFICATION (Viber and Skype).
    Before that both called like a regular phone call.
    Do you have any inputs about this change?
    Same here but since 1st day on Viber, i don't use Skype.
    01-09-2014 01:35 PM
    Same here but since 1st day on Viber, i don't use Skype.
    My bad! I didn't realized before but the problem is only occurring on Lumia 1020. When receiving calls through 920 everything still working fine like a regular call.
    My question now is if someone could receive Viber or Skype calls on 1020 as expected or only toast notification. Does it affect all 1020's owners or not?
    01-11-2014 07:35 AM
    It's even worth on my Lumia 925 (Black Update installed): No notifications at all. Only the live tile is working. That concerns messages as well as calls!!! Even worse: the only notification/alert that is working is the 'bling' when sending messages (which I would like to supress COMPLETELY as it also sounds when on 'vibration only' mode). Worst way of user notification ever. Besides that, I do like Viber a lot, but Line has way better notifications for example.

I also tried reinstalling etc. - no success...
    01-16-2014 12:45 AM
    I'm on Nokia Lumia 925. When I bought my phone and installed Viber (2. something) everything was working FINE. Calls were like regular calls and push(toast) notifications where showing correctly. After next Viber update 3.1 or something the calls sopped working and were like a toast notification that should be clicked and then answer the call. Still that was not a problem to me. Now after the last Windows update to Black nothing works as expected ... No notifications, no calls. At some point the tile updates with X unread messages and that is after an hour after they were sent. Very bad really :(
    Last edited by kamen_ivanov; 01-20-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    01-16-2014 02:55 PM
    I am also having the same issue on Lumia 925 with Black Update. And I reached out Viber Support. They said they are working with MS to fix this issue. I think we need to wait for the update, but no idea how long!!!
    01-18-2014 09:09 PM
    I am also having the same issue on Lumia 925 with Black Update. And I reached out Viber Support. They said they are working with MS to fix this issue. I think we need to wait for the update, but no idea how long!!!
    I wrote them on facebook and they answered me the same thing.
    There is a commercial which ends with "... And now we wait.". I guess we should do the same.
    01-20-2014 07:54 AM
    Hi guys,
    As you already know, we are working with MS to fix this issue ASAP.
    You may reduce the notification miss frequency by doing the following:
    1. Open your phone's settings
    2. Go to Wi-Fi
    3. Tap on Advanced
    4. Select Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out
    Please note that this option will affect your battery consumption.
    Jeric Malabanan likes this.
    01-20-2014 02:57 PM
    Hi ViberTeam,

Thanks for the update in this forum, now we know that you follow most of the channels and will respond to our needs which is a kind of relief at least for me.

I would give another workaround:
    1. Go to Settings -> Lock screen and select Viber as one of the 5 apps which you can choose for quick status
    2. Then again from Settings open glance and turn it on - at least to peek.
    3. When the live tile is updated (that you have new unread message) the quick status on the glance screen will also indicate that you have something unread.
    Note: even if you set glance screen to always it won't affect the battery consumption that much.

The messages do not come that late after they are sent (2-3 up to 5 mins I think or at least hope so).
    01-22-2014 02:04 AM
    I don't think this is just Viber problem. I am noticing my Skype also not getting calls' notification. All started with Black Update and killed the notification!!!
    01-23-2014 08:28 AM
    Hi guys,
    As you already know, we are working with MS to fix this issue ASAP.
    You may reduce the notification miss frequency by doing the following:
    1. Open your phone's settings
    2. Go to Wi-Fi
    3. Tap on Advanced
    4. Select Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out
    Please note that this option will affect your battery consumption.
    Thanks for your reply but this workaround didn't solved the problem for me.
    I'm waiting some real solution ASAP.

Regards,
    01-24-2014 12:58 AM
    Hi guys,

In case you haven't noticed yet there is a new viber update :)

Hopefully it will solve our problems :)

p.s. I receive push/toast notifications now and I know when somebody texts me. Thanks for the update. Also there are some new features added I really like the sticker market. Thanks, ViberTeam!

Regards,
    Kamen
    Last edited by kamen_ivanov; 01-30-2014 at 04:27 AM. Reason: info about the update
    01-29-2014 07:14 AM
    Hi Guys,

I fixed Viber on my Lumia 920 today.
    I had push notification issues for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
    Here is what I did:
    1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
    2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
    3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
    4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
    4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
    5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
    6. I re-installed viber.

I am not really sure how it worked :)
    I hope this info helps.
    02-15-2014 06:45 AM
    i have got lumia 730 viber problem. i have allowed viber and two more apps to run in the background. Whenever i minimize or exit viber, i stop getting viber messages and calls notifications. PLEASE HELP
    12-15-2014 11:21 PM
    i have got lumia 535 viber problem.how can i get a video calls???. PLEASE HELP
    01-21-2015 03:22 AM
    I still have problems with viber. If it is connected to mobile data, it is ok, evrything works. But if only wifi is on and screen is locked then it behaves how it wants. sometimes I get notifications, sometimes not. Do not understan whats happening.
    03-28-2015 01:38 PM
    I have problem with Viber on my 1020.
    When i exit the app or press home to close it i can't receive calls anymore, ppl say that my status is offline, and even when i open the app my phone is not ringing when my friend is calling me.
    And then after few seconds or minutes i get info about missed call(s).

It's totally messed up because sometimes its ringing but only when Viber is opened i think.

Anyone have same issue??
    Same as the issue of yours... Im using lumia 535...
    10-02-2015 08:21 AM
    Hi, I was doing a reset of my my phone. After that I install all applications i use. Have a problem with viber activation.
    The viber is not sending me activation code. I trying for 2 day. I have Lumia 535 windows 8.1.
    The viber it's not a only Application that doesn't work.
    Translate, shazam, vlc player....
    Please help!
    10-11-2015 05:02 PM
    Guys, I just bought (4 days ago) my first Win phone. And immediately from the start I have BIG problems.
    All notifications are being late, FB, FB messenger, Skype, Viber (most important thing) and mails.
    Can you help me with this? Or should I go back to android phones?

EDIT!!!
    The biggest problem is Skype!!! When you are not logged and the app is "not allowed" to work in the background the response time is form immediately to 45 sec tops (pics included).
    Therefore, the Skype app is overloading the phone and even if you set the app not to run in the background it still makes those lags.
    Skype needs to be fixed ASAP!!! It kills the performance of the phone (my model: Lumia 535)
    Last edited by Sasa Dimitrijevik; 12-24-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    12-24-2015 09:45 AM