Can this be done? Getting fed up of getting a notification for whatsapp for example that sits over my browser search bar for too long, have to stop what I'm doing to open the app to clear the toast bar..

Cheers JD
    01-08-2014 08:56 AM
    You'd have to go into the relevant app to disable toast notifications, but some apps don't give you the option (SMS messages will always toast, for example).

However, it is possible to dismiss toasts by sweeping them off the screen to the right (sweeping left might work too).
    just dirk likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:59 AM
    Quality cheers mate, swipe is fine..

You'd have to go into the relevant app to disable toast notifications, but some apps don't give you the option (SMS messages will always toast, for example).

However, it is possible to dismiss toasts by sweeping them off the screen to the right (sweeping left might work too).
    01-08-2014 10:50 AM
    No problem. Only took me a couple of years before I learnt you could do that... It's also great for quickly dismissing a text message toast when it appears over the lock screen.
    01-08-2014 10:52 AM
    Whatsapp really needs to provide settings for toast notifications. How lame of them to not do so.

Do any of you guys have groups in Whatsapp? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to remove 100 toasts every time.

I have stopped using Whatsapp on my 1020 for that reason. I had to mute all the groups.
    ygtgngr likes this.
    01-08-2014 12:58 PM
    Agree with that!!
    Whatsapp really needs to provide settings for toast notifications. How lame of them to not do so.

Do any of you guys have groups in Whatsapp? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to remove 100 toasts every time.

I have stopped using Whatsapp on my 1020 for that reason. I had to mute all the groups.
    01-12-2014 11:44 PM

I don't think this is the problem of Whatsapp, but rather the issue of how toast notifications are designed to notify users. They will just be queued in the background and then get displayed onto the screen slowly in sequence. On Android, updates will just be kept in the notification shade as they arrived, without disturbing the user especially in full screen mode. Microsoft really need to get the new notification center out ASAP.
    01-13-2014 12:20 AM
    agreed with that whatsapp mess ...
    01-13-2014 12:34 AM
    To not being able to disable SMS-toast is very bad. Example, if using built in chat-sms for facebook.. And someone writes many lines to me. It will popup for several minutes because the toast delay is so long.

This prevents me from using the built in facebook-chat, which i would use otherwise.

Please vote here to suggest for Microsoft to fix this.

Turning off SMS Notification toast – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    01-18-2014 02:33 PM