Rogers 1020 Lumia Black rollout today?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Downloading now also!!!! via my friend's phone lol!!!!!

People, it would be nice to keep this thread alive and post back with information like:

- Improvements
- bugs (hope not)
- new features
- etc.

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Downloading now also!!!! via my friend's phone lol!!!!!

People, it would be nice to keep this thread alive and post back with information like:

- Improvements
- bugs (hope not)
- new features
- etc.

agreed. I'm at work so have to wait to get home to update. But I'm excited.

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I am installing now, the little gears are rolling :)

So this is just the Black update or does it also inclued the GDR3 ??? Rogers Unlocked 1020

eurochick47

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Nothing on my 920 yet - I see other people with Rogers 1020s reporting that they got their update in the comments section of the Lumia Black rollout announcement on WPC's homepage. Seems to just be the 1020s right now

sarthakm

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It's now approved for Rogers and Telus devices - Lumia 1020 Black update.

Checking for updates... seems to take a little while. Once it is ready you'll get a message. Connect to Wi-Fi and the update starts.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
First off, major difference on the pictures!!!! Before, set on auto for the camera settings, depending on the lighting condition (indoor) I would get either a blue or yellow tint to my photos....NOT ANYMORE!!!!! YEAH!!!!

Also, now when there is data being transmitted, there is a little arrow in the top left corner where the antenna icon is.

EDIT: I didn't know that but if you choose the camera option 5mp + 34mp DNG, and you zoom to take a pic then when you want to reframe and zoom out, you can't. ....

Last edited:

sarthakm

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Updating now, and I got my free camera grip from Nokia today! What awesome timing

When did you submit the online form for the free grip? Did you get any emails or anything from them?
I filed for mine almost 2 weeks ago and called several times but they keep telling me that they'll let me know soon. Says it takes 48hrs to get processed and 4-6 weeks to ship it out.

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When did you submit the online form for the free grip? Did you get any emails or anything from them?
I filed for mine almost 2 weeks ago and called several times but they keep telling me that they'll let me know soon. Says it takes 48hrs to get processed and 4-6 weeks to ship it out.

mine took a while.

I got a email on the 20th last month saying I was approved and they'd be sending me my grip. So it showing up today was shorter than 4-6weeks

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I've got DNG now! Haha biggest thing I wanted was that.

Anyone notice the update to the signal indicators? They now show arrows.

Chaocanha

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Updating now, and I got my free camera grip from Nokia today! What awesome timing

I got my Roger Lumia 1020 outright from Microsoft store and told them that I would get the free grip from Roger if bought that phone in Roger store. Then they gave me immediately the grip for free. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99