Display Company Name during Incoming Calls in Lumia 1020?

ramanbnv

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

How do I get my Lumia 1020 to display the name and company of the contact who is calling me? I have more than 1500 contacts for whom the company name is meticulously filled. Many names are duplicates, and I can distinguish between them only when I can see the company name as well. Anybody has a solution, or a workaround? In my old blackberry, the contact name and company name used to be displayed. In my old android, there was an app which could do this.

Help! Please!

Raman

ramanbnv

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone direct me to a microsoft website where we can request this feature? (If its not been already requested, that is?)

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Interesting Solution! But its still a hell of a job uploading logos to 1500 contacts...

is there an app (script maybe!) for that?

I bet there is on iOS.... get a junk iPhone, use the app to update stuff.... then resell the phone?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
iPhone has that feature. The company name is displayed at the bottom of the contact name.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

ramanbnv

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
is there an app (script maybe!) for that?

I bet there is on iOS.... get a junk iPhone, use the app to update stuff.... then resell the phone?

Ouch! Sounds like a lot of work.. i will just blunder on, i guess, until MS decides to implement this feature..

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If MS provides the APIs a script (App) shouldn't be very difficult. Just go through the contacts, make a Bing picture search with the name, chose the first entry and save it to the contact. But as said, I don't know if you can access the contact informations within an app. Writing such an app shouldn't cost you more than 1 hour.

ramanbnv

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
If MS provides the APIs a script (App) shouldn't be very difficult. Just go through the contacts, make a Bing picture search with the name, chose the first entry and save it to the contact. But as said, I don't know if you can access the contact informations within an app. Writing such an app shouldn't cost you more than 1 hour.

Won't Bing picture search also get confused by similar names? And photos will get mismatched with wrong names?

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Won't Bing picture search also get confused by similar names? And photos will get mismatched with wrong names?
Possible, you can make your query more accurate to get better results though. Sure u will have false positives and will have to do some manual work. But I don't think there is an app that can do it without mistakes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro