Nokia Black Over The Air Now!!!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
64gb o2 uk here ..... running stock o2 branded firmware ...... I cant believe it ........ update is available just installing now ..... kudos to nokia/Microsoft/o2 for getting this out at the same time for so many variants and carrier models too ;-)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
First dilemma...

Do I switch to dng or see if the new algorithms produce noticeably better shots than before?

As much as I enjoy capturing great shots with my phone, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to post processing. I'm usually fairly happy with the results from the phone and occasionally use the built-in tools or a third party WP app to make small changes from the full resolution images.

Also, it seems like it could be a hassle to tinker with dng files in order to get the desired results. Although that could be eased with a little knowledge in PP so the process becomes quicker.

Hmmm what to do?!?

Just seen a decent camera raw tutorial and it really seems like a no brainer now.

dng ftw! ;)

jawss

May 17, 2013
Visit site
anyone notice the photo having a yellow tinge once it's saved? I have photo review turned on and i noticed the change in quality once the photo is finished saving so i took screenshots...

Phototastic-2014-01-10-13-30-12.jpg

Last edited:

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've an L920 in UK, unlocked. Should I be eligible for Black at this stage? (All I have had is a camera update via windows store)

The Phone Update response is still "you're up to date" ...

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Had anyone used the non-English keyboard hack to enable tethering? If so, has upgrading to black removed your ability to tether?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
When they say the Lumia 820 is getting it, that also means the 822 right? Please tell me it is so.

Everyone EXCEPT you. :wink:
but just because the carrier of the 820 distributes it, doesn't mean your carrier will send it out. It's the carrier that decides not Nokia
but the 822 is compatible with Lumia Black and if you look at Nokia's Roll Out page the 822 is listed as "waiting for approval" by Verizon.
But the 925 and the 1020 are the ones getting it now, the 822 is still waiting for approval.
Here is the link so you can watch 24 hrs a day and see when it changes from 'waiting'... to 'available'
Availability in North America - Nokia

And if you're not in NA them find the country you're in and look for your phone and carrier, just scroll down to find your location http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss