Moving photos - now I have 17 of the SAME image but my photos are GONE

ADRichards

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
HELP!! I

I made a folder within the camera roll folder, dropped my pics in all together...dragged the folder on to my desktop and POOF - the folder and all the images (except ONE photo copies 17 times) are GONE!!? PLEASE HELP - what do I do? :unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

jamesbond69

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
hey, i have found the solution to this problem. what happens is the thumbnails on the phone picture folder get screwed up when you hook it up to the pc and it causes photos not to show up on the phone or duplicate photos. what you have to do is:

• connect your lumia to the pc
  • browse the phones folders
  • check the picture folder and view all the pictures through the pc to verify that they are there
  • if they show on the pc then
  • copy all the images from the folder into a new folder on your desktop
  • go into the folder that you just created with the pictures
  • right click on an empty space on the folder and select "View : Large Icons"
  • now also go into your Lumia photos folder and do the same "View : Large Icons"
  • what this does is create thumbnails for all the pictures you copied except for the high res version and now you copy all those pictures you put on your desktop and paste them back into the phones picture folder
  • it will ask you if you want to replace them simply click "copy and replace ....." it is the first option , do this for all the files
  • once you are done eject your phone and see if the problem is resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12