Hello everyone!

I have issues installing a black update on my 1020. Whenever I am checking for an update, the phone displays a message "We are currently unable to check for the updates (800072ee2)". I read in threads for other Nokia models that the possible solutions may be:

1) switching to Wi-Fi. I've done that.

2) setting a correct time and date. I bought my 1020 in Moscow (my region is set to Russia), but I understand the product was intended for Hong Kong and I am using it in Uzbekistan. Which time would be correct for me? Currently the time set time is Uzbekistan local time. I tried switching to automatic and Moscow local time without any effect.

I have 20 Gb of space available, so this should not be an issue. The battery is almost fully charged.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    01-10-2014 07:34 AM
    I have a HK 1020 in HK and was experiencing the same error. I just kept trying and it eventually downloaded the update. Maybe just a congested server.
    vimukthi999 and sergeten like this.
    01-10-2014 09:52 AM
    I have a HK 1020 in HK and was experiencing the same error. I just kept trying and it eventually downloaded the update. Maybe just a congested server.
    I was using corporate wi-fi at the office. I think it had smth to do with VPN or firewall settings at work. I managed to download the update at home. Interestingly the download started only ufter I plugged in a charger.

Nevertheless, now it displays another error "the update was downloaded but couldn't be opened 8018830f". Will try to find a solution for this one now =(
    01-10-2014 10:14 AM
    hey man i had the same error as you the "the update was downloaded but couldn't be opened 8018830f", i fixed the issue by enabling carrier data. turn wifi on and your cell provider data on and it will work 100%, also dont worry about the update using your data, it just needs the carrier data to send the IMIE and other phone info to their servers.
    01-10-2014 10:33 AM