"App Folders" app battery drain

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with "App Folders" installed noticed a bigger battery drain?

My battery couldn't last 12 hours after installing it whereas I was having 24 hours with the same usage before.
After uninstalling the app battery life went back to normal today.

According to Background Tasks in Settings "App Folders" requires running in the background to monitor app uninstallations, so it can reflect the changes in the folders, if any, too.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery life improved slightly, maybe because I turned off the live tiles and background resources of the apps I put in the folders.

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I can see why it thinks it needs Background tasks, but there's a lot of apps that think they need Background tasks and there's a lot that I ignore and turn off.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
My battery life improved slightly, maybe because I turned off the live tiles and background resources of the apps I put in the folders.

did you disable App Folder's background too?

I can see why it thinks it needs Background tasks, but there's a lot of apps that think they need Background tasks and there's a lot that I ignore and turn off.

imo turning off tasks are counter productive since some of them provides some up-to-date information onto the live tiles, or notifies you of a zombie apocalypse in development, or simply enables some additional app functions to make our lives easier. I left almost all tasks untouched except for 4 that went auto disabled, battery still lasting me a day.

Not to mention the random restarts...

Tried hard reset?

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
imo turning off tasks are counter productive since some of them provides some up-to-date information onto the live tiles, or notifies you of a zombie apocalypse in development, or simply enables some additional app functions to make our lives easier. I left almost all tasks untouched except for 4 that went auto disabled, battery still lasting me a day.
I get what you're saying and I agree for people they love that always connected buzz. I came from Symbian and I'm a bit old fashioned, I don't like my phone to invade too much of my personal life. As much as I love my phone, love what it does, everything it can do, I don't want it to constantly be vying for my attention with notifications or shoving a tonne of information on my start sceren. I'd rather wait for a little bit for the app to load it when I want to instead of constantly throwing it at me every half hour saying "you gonna look at that?"

I understand that it's needed for live tiles and notifications, but how I have my start screen organised a lot of the tiles are either shortcuts, or the ones with information are stuff like me tile / calendar / friends groups (tied into twitter and facebook via people hub) / data sense, weather and insider pro (for battery number). Most of those tie in to the OS and can't be turned off, apart from the last two which are my only background tasks I have on ATM.

While I can see why apps like Facebook and Twitter makes sense to update regularly (if one so wishes - I have turned them off) stuff like 4oD, App Folder, App Social, IMDb, Here Suite, Nokia Care, Shazam, O2 Priority Moments and Vimeo? I don't need them to update regularly, I don't even use most of them regularly so they can update on the rare occasion I use them, and that's fine with me.

Back on subject, something like app folder? I'm probably not going to change the 6 folders I created, hell, I don't even know if I'm going to use it again, but honestly if it wants to update those 6 folders with updated icons / uninstalled apps it can do it when I fire the app up, it doesn't need to keep checking every 30 mins if I've changed things around because I'm not that OCD, I probably haven't. It may be a small check, it may be a small tiny drain potentially miniscule, but I'd rather tell it not to bother, put all that saved miniscule amounts and put it to a larger check in a week or so when I potentially open the app again (and things still probably haven't changed).

Samyee123

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I had installed App Folders when the phone was updated to Lumia Black and got the update last night (btw was the app renamed from "App Folders" to "App Folder"?). Then my phone experienced a battery drain from 100% to 0% (completed dead, had to plug it in to wake it up) overnight (about 8 hours, with the phone being idle the whole time). I decided it must have been related to the update since I didn't make any other changes to the phone, so I uninstalled the app and charged the phone back to 100%. Battery life back to normal now.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
So i reinstalled App Folder today after the recent update, glad to say battery life wasn't affected anymore. Perhaps because Nokia removed the need to run in the background, its not in background tasked anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss