Nokia Lumia 1020: Volume Control Issue

andhalism

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm a Lumia 1020 user, recently i'm facing an issue with the volume control on my Lumia, it's increasing to the max or decreasing to the min automatically (Nokia Mix Radio on), it happens only when i have my earphone plugged. The volume couldn't be changed unless i unplug the earphone. My Lumia 1020 is already updated to Lumia Black.
I'm not sure it's the Black update or issue on Nokia Mix Radio or anything else.

Anyone's facing the same issue ? Have a solution ?
Thx guys.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I also have a 1020 on black and have not had any of the issues you have mentioned. I listen to Nokia mix radio, and I was also listening to a podcast via Xbox music and videos today with headphones and no problem at all. Are there any volume controls on the earphones? I'm wondering if the independent volume controls work on the 1020? Have you tried listening with a different pair of headphones just to rule out such a problem?

Al Du

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 updated with Black.
Volume keeps locking.
Music volume cannot be changed (will reset by switching off and on but locks again after a couple of hours).
Music player, and video locks to a set volume with or without headphones, but any app with on-screen volume slider will allow changes up to locked volume as a maximium.

Al Du

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
(See my previous post).
Removed Nokia Mix - still same problem.
Volume is fixed for music, videos etc. Cannot change it with volume buttons.
Volume on ringtone does change with buttons, so doesn't seem to be hardware problem (also it is OK after reset, then problem reappears later).

**********Update********** Removed app which stops music and pause appearing at top of screen - all problems sorted (so far anyway!!)

Last edited:

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This happened on my 920 once or twice. I simply restarted as I normally don't, and it corrected the issue. This didn't start happening until after that Amber update however.

Theresa Washburn

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
how did you do that? Where is that app. I have the same issue. Can anyone tell me the app needed to keep the volume up where I need it. My father is also hard of hearing and can control the volume so he can hear it. Please help. Thank you

Terry a1

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm a Lumia 1020 user, recently i'm facing an issue with the volume control on my Lumia, it's increasing to the max or decreasing to the min automatically (Nokia Mix Radio on), it happens only when i have my earphone plugged. The volume couldn't be changed unless i unplug the earphone. My Lumia 1020 is already updated to Lumia Black.
I'm not sure it's the Black update or issue on Nokia Mix Radio or anything else.

Anyone's facing the same issue ? Have a solution ?
Thx guys.

Same exact thing with my Lumia 521.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077