Question about my Camera Lens

Vincent Krisna

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought Lumia 1020 on 1 December and claimed guarantee on 11 December because the lens moves randomly makes a lot of sound when I focus on something.
Feel like some hard thing loose inside the camera.
Now this is what happen when they fix my phone.

The problem happen in Nokia Camera.
If I'm not wrong, focus (half press and hold the camera shutter) takes approx 1.5 second until the focus circle in the middle stop beeping.
In 1.5 second, the circle in the middle move softly to random direction (not always), and what makes me sad is when I release the camera shutter (I didn't take the photo), the display move back, it's like my camera lens move back swiftly. Is this normal? Especially the moving circle in the middle.
I think the circle is suppose to stay in the middle of the screen all the time, and only the display move closer to the object.
I didn't touch the screen, only by holding the camera shutter.
Is this normal?

Btw sorry for bad english.

Edit :
After I check again, I realize that the display (my camera lens) is the one that moves.
I didn't move my phone, but it seems like the lens move forward but sometimes move forward + left / right / up / down.
Check the video below.
http://youtu.be/sqN7yFRVw5s.

Last edited:

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Try moving the phone back away from the object a little more and see if that helps with the focus. I know the 1020 is not the greatest for macro shots and I think I read it has something to do with the f/2.2 aperture. You don't have to be so close since the phone has the great zoom feature. Also the sounds you hear may be the ball bearings inside the OIS (Optical image stabilizer) which does make sound. The circle can be moved on the screen to set the focal point on the picture also.

bradhicks

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd agree with the statement above. Just tested with my 1020, and it exhibits the same behavior if I'm too close to the object, or there's a lot of glare and it struggles to focus. I notice in your sample video that it seems like a bit of a dark room with glare coming off the phone you are taking the picture of. Do you get the same sort of behavior in a more well lit room or outside?

Vincent Krisna

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this happen only when object is close.
I found out that everytime I move the camera display and then focus, the lens will move forward to random direction.
But if I didn't move, the focus will just move straight forward.

Edit :
I tried both outdoor (bright) and indoor, the lens behavior is just the same.

Another video.
http://youtu.be/9jvpnjNMNNw

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)