Next generation Camera Grip

opticon

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

By now I've spent a few months with my 1020. I got the cameragrip simultaneously, a small folding tripod a week after that and a gorillapod around that time too. I've been taking tons and tons of photos, haven't had this much fun with photography since I was a teenager. But I've been thinking alot about the limitations too, specifically those I'd like to adress about the camera grip. I've been toying with the idea of a kickstarter to develop a new grip for the 1020 enthusiasts out there.

2nd gen camera grip:
  • Interchangeable battery (AA-format if possible)
  • Centered tripod connector (Under the lens)
  • Flash mount
  • Remote connector/IR-receiver
  • SD-card slot (Perhaps most important!)

None of these things should be impossible. External memory is supported. Battery obviously so. The shutter-button could be copied as is and obviously has hardware support. Manual focus dial or zoom dial are probably out of the question since they probably cant be made to be supported by the software (perhaps third party apps like the glorious ProShot could, but I don't know). Flash, I don't know. It could be set to be triggered by the shutter button, but this is a sad option ofcourse. No idea if its possible to recieve signals from apps in that way. But remote, either IR or wire, should not be a technical problem at all. Batteries neither. SD-card slots are supported by the OS as normal external storage.

Do you guys/gals have any ideas or thoughts on this?

Do you know what possibilites apps have to recieve and send signals by usb?

What else would you like to see? Would you buy it and if so at what price? Etc.

As I said, just toying with the idea. Even if it were possible the manufacture would be very expensive due to a limited customer base (to say the least...). But if we get a nice list going, at least we can give it to Nokia for their next camera flagship and hope they listen :)

Last edited:

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Sounds good, however as a backer of the beast grip I wouldn't be investing.

The only interest I would have is the remote shutter button.

As for a flash I personally prefer LED lamps as a consistent light output means i can control the end result easily.

Don't let my response put you off, I'm still very interested but wont buy as I've invested elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers