New Nokia Lumia 1020 Warranty Question?

Nick Esares

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this but,

I just purchased a Nokia Lumia 1020 (iPhone convert) at a Microsoft store. It was 99$ for the two year contract which was 100$ less than AT&T. They sold me a 2 year Microsoft Complete Windows Phone Warranty, and I'm curious if anyone can confirm what they told me is correct. They rep said the warranty allows for 2 claims during the two year period in which I can go to the store and simply ask for another phone for a 50$ deductible. The phone can be damaged or it doesn't have to be. He said even if I just want an updated or newly released phone that is part of the deal. He said he recommends and tells customers to save one of the claims for the end of the term, so at 1 year, 11 months and 29 days you can walk into a Microsoft store, trade in your current phone and for a 50$ deductible get a brand new, off contract phone of your choosing. It can be any phone, and as long as it's less than the full off-contract price of your current phone you get it for free. (if not you pay the difference) That sounds too good to be true.

So if I decide at the end of two years to switch to say back to an iphone, I can buy the iphone for 199$ with a new contract, and then go to a microsoft store with my current phone, get a brand new 600$ phone for 50$, and then sell it. That would cover, the 199$ for the iPhone, the 99$ for the Lumia 1020, the 100$ warranty plan, the 50$ deductible, and still leave me with about 150$ left over (depending on what I can get for that new current phone.)

I called another Microsoft store and they confirmed it. Can that really be? Also the rep said the plan has only existed for 3 months. Has anyone else got this? I can't really find anything anywhere else about this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99