Voice Volume is too low, or Speaker position is a design flaw?

Majin23

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

i bought the lumia for my GF - and the voice volume output while talking is just too low - you cant hear your communication partner good at all.

Even with 10/10 its impossible to understand somebody when you are not in quiet room.

I notice if you move the mobile way down so that the end of the phone is in the middle height of your ear - the voice gets louder. Looking at the phone i dont see any obvious speaker so it makes sense that when you press your ear against the screen you wont hear much. The issue now is, its very uncomfortable to keep talking with only half the ear covered by the phone.

Is this a software or hardware issue?

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The ear piece volume is a little on the low side on my 1020 also. It seemed like it was louder when I fist got it so I assume it was lowered in a firmware update. Although, I wouldn't say mine is unusable though, just not as loud as I would like it to be.

Majin23

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, i want to know if this is a hardware defect or if it is to be expected that the output is just too low.
I mean on 10/10 i would expect uncomfortable loudness for people with average hearing. My GF is hearing impaired and it just does not cut it - this is a real shame - i have never seen a mobile with such low output.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would expect a fix for this issue. I am fairly sure its not a hardware defect. Like I said mine dropped slightly after an update. You may want to look into getting your girlfriend a different phone. The 920 seems to be much better, that's what my wife has.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have this too, I reckon it's more a software than hardware issue. The speakers on the bottom are ear-shatteringly loud...so it should be fixable in a future update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999