08-28-2014 02:51 PM
86 1234
tools
    Weather View
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...3-4a52e1c25fb3

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    01-30-2014 12:15 PM
    Breez is a nice concept too, wish the live tile color corresponded with time of day/weather like the app does
    01-31-2014 02:02 AM
    I think I have tried everyone out there, but so far my favorite is Forecast Forecast | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It doesn't have those weather photos on the live tile, and not in the app either, but the live tile updates frequently and correct, and you have the possibility to choose Bing picture as in app background, and that's quite nice.

Also, since I live in Norway where wind speed usually is given in m/s, this app provides that. Only a few in the Store does that. Other than that, it's good looking, fast, nearly always updates my position correctly and the live tile is as informative as I need it to be. :)
    Ixia likes this.
    01-31-2014 08:53 AM
    Another vote for Forecast from me. The data is pretty accurate, even more so than the met office data on some occasions. Would be even better if there were pictures for the live tive that correspond to the current weather.

I quite like Bing weather but the data is no where even close to being correct - you'd be better guessing what tomorrows weather is going to do.

Other apps may be decent but a lot don't have wind speed in MPH & temperature in Celsius - that's what we use in the UK & many apps just have imperial OR metric & Forecast has separate values for each measurable.
    01-31-2014 09:50 AM
    Another vote for Forecast from me. The data is pretty accurate, even more so than the met office data on some occasions. Would be even better if there were pictures for the live tive that correspond to the current weather.

I quite like Bing weather but the data is no where even close to being correct - you'd be better guessing what tomorrows weather is going to do.

Other apps may be decent but a lot don't have wind speed in MPH & temperature in Celsius - that's what we use in the UK & many apps just have imperial OR metric & Forecast has separate values for each measurable.
    I agree with Forecast live tile corresponding to current weather, I emailed the dev about the possibility of adding that, have not received anything yet.
    01-31-2014 10:07 AM
    Not sure if I wrote what I meant - but was thinking more like having some weather pics on the tile like what is available on Amazing Weather HD & not just simple icons although I do like those with the phones accent colour.

I've contacted the dev a couple of times & he does reply, might just be busy.
    01-31-2014 10:29 AM
    I like WeatherBug, and the new version is a lot nicer, and more metro-y with a flat ui and cleaner tile.
    01-31-2014 10:32 AM
    Not sure if I wrote what I meant - but was thinking more like having some weather pics on the tile like what is available on Amazing Weather HD & not just simple icons although I do like those with the phones accent colour.

I've contacted the dev a couple of times & he does reply, might just be busy.
    I knew what ya meant ;) it is all that app is missing from being perfect imo
    01-31-2014 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation of Forecast, it seems more accurate than Bing and looks good
    But background images on the live tile that match the weather (like Bing) would make it near perfect.
    02-01-2014 03:28 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation of Forecast, it seems more accurate than Bing and looks good
    But background images on the live tile that match the weather (like Bing) would make it near perfect.
    lets all email the developer to add the live tile background functionality in an update :)
    02-01-2014 02:29 PM
    I used Amazing weather for like an aeon as it was cool, Now using weather to go as more accurate and live tile displays wind speed etc, so far its been spot on.
    02-01-2014 02:44 PM
    lets all email the developer to add the live tile background functionality in an update :)

Done!

Sent from a WindowsPhone!
    02-01-2014 03:25 PM
    Done!

sweet I did the same , hopefully it can be added, I bought the app, but went back to Bing because I like the tile to reflect the actual weather.

Moweather has amazing tiles that correspond to the weather but the last update makes the app crash to start screen so :/
    02-01-2014 03:52 PM
    I like Bing Weather but the data in my part of the world (North East UK) is just not even close.
    I used to use an app called UK Weather but only had 3 hourly data and I prefer hourly data so have Forecast as it covers almost everything I want.

02-01-2014 04:05 PM
    Is Accuweather the best weather app?
    02-01-2014 04:36 PM
    It really depends on where you live. Some apps are more accurate in certain locations.
    The best thing you can do is try them and see.
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    02-01-2014 04:45 PM
    It really depends on where you live. Some apps are more accurate in certain locations.
    The best thing you can do is try them and see.
    I can't find a weather app that can show the hourly/daily weather in live tile. Accuweather shows only the current weather in the large live tile.
    02-01-2014 04:48 PM
    Have you got an email address, I can't see one in the store?
    02-01-2014 04:49 PM

Not for me.

The ads & the fact that you can't differentiate between individual settings (only imperial or metric) & not for imperial &metric.
    For instance in the UK we use metric (degrees Centigrade) for temperature & imperial (mph) for wind speed.

02-01-2014 04:52 PM
    Having just raved about Forecast, it's claiming the current weather is a "light breeze" of 23mph. We've just had to weight the trampoline down with paving slabs and I can barely stand upright out there, a light breeze is a major underestimation!
    02-01-2014 05:04 PM
    I can't find a weather app that can show the hourly/daily weather in live tile. Accuweather shows only the current weather in the large live tile.
    Amazing Weather wide tile can show hourly or daily 😊
    02-01-2014 05:05 PM
    The best for me is Amazing Weather HD. It has all the features I want. Wide tile that shows hourly updates, lockscreen options (that allows you to use a picture from your gallery), etc. plus it looks beautiful!
    02-01-2014 05:16 PM
    Having just raved about Forecast, it's claiming the current weather is a "light breeze" of 23mph. We've just had to weight the trampoline down with paving slabs and I can barely stand upright out there, a light breeze is a major underestimation!

Yeah the wind speed always seems to be out by quite a few mph.

Last edited by sp8y; 02-02-2014 at 06:10 AM.
    02-01-2014 05:18 PM
    Honestly, MoWeather would be the best weather app, IF they'd fix a few bugs. (at least on WP) ((or at least my device?)) Cus the live tile doesn't update, ever.
    It's really beautiful. Nice font. Accurate. Smooth.

MoWeather
    02-01-2014 05:24 PM
    Honestly, MoWeather would be the best weather app, IF they'd fix a few bugs. (at least on WP) ((or at least my device?)) Cus the live tile doesn't update, ever.
    It's really beautiful. Nice font. Accurate. Smooth.

MoWeather
    my live tile updated fine, the app itself just crashes on me everytime I open it now :(
    02-01-2014 05:34 PM
86 1234