What Weather App is the best

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather HD. Weatherflow wouldn't always update after a half hour or hour whatever the setting is and I just got tired of that. Don't have that same issue with Amazing.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I have tried everyone out there, but so far my favorite is Forecast Forecast | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It doesn't have those weather photos on the live tile, and not in the app either, but the live tile updates frequently and correct, and you have the possibility to choose Bing picture as in app background, and that's quite nice.

Also, since I live in Norway where wind speed usually is given in m/s, this app provides that. Only a few in the Store does that. Other than that, it's good looking, fast, nearly always updates my position correctly and the live tile is as informative as I need it to be. :)

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Forecast from me. The data is pretty accurate, even more so than the met office data on some occasions. Would be even better if there were pictures for the live tive that correspond to the current weather.

I quite like Bing weather but the data is no where even close to being correct - you'd be better guessing what tomorrows weather is going to do.

Other apps may be decent but a lot don't have wind speed in MPH & temperature in Celsius - that's what we use in the UK & many apps just have imperial OR metric & Forecast has separate values for each measurable.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for Forecast from me. The data is pretty accurate, even more so than the met office data on some occasions. Would be even better if there were pictures for the live tive that correspond to the current weather.

I quite like Bing weather but the data is no where even close to being correct - you'd be better guessing what tomorrows weather is going to do.

Other apps may be decent but a lot don't have wind speed in MPH & temperature in Celsius - that's what we use in the UK & many apps just have imperial OR metric & Forecast has separate values for each measurable.

I agree with Forecast live tile corresponding to current weather, I emailed the dev about the possibility of adding that, have not received anything yet.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I wrote what I meant - but was thinking more like having some weather pics on the tile like what is available on Amazing Weather HD & not just simple icons although I do like those with the phones accent colour.

I've contacted the dev a couple of times & he does reply, might just be busy.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I wrote what I meant - but was thinking more like having some weather pics on the tile like what is available on Amazing Weather HD & not just simple icons although I do like those with the phones accent colour.

I've contacted the dev a couple of times & he does reply, might just be busy.

I knew what ya meant ;) it is all that app is missing from being perfect imo

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation of Forecast, it seems more accurate than Bing and looks good
But background images on the live tile that match the weather (like Bing) would make it near perfect.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation of Forecast, it seems more accurate than Bing and looks good
But background images on the live tile that match the weather (like Bing) would make it near perfect.

lets all email the developer to add the live tile background functionality in an update :)

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I used Amazing weather for like an aeon as it was cool, Now using weather to go as more accurate and live tile displays wind speed etc, so far its been spot on.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Done!

Sent from a WindowsPhone!

sweet I did the same , hopefully it can be added, I bought the app, but went back to Bing because I like the tile to reflect the actual weather.

Moweather has amazing tiles that correspond to the weather but the last update makes the app crash to start screen so :/

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I like Bing Weather but the data in my part of the world (North East UK) is just not even close.
I used to use an app called UK Weather but only had 3 hourly data and I prefer hourly data so have Forecast as it covers almost everything I want.

Sent from a WindowsPhone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention