08-28-2014 02:51 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    I'm using Bing Weather and pretty happy with it and its live tile. I previously used Vieather but grew tired of the orange theme (perhaps that is a setting, but I didn't see it) and horizontal temperature layout.
    04-30-2014 07:45 AM
    For me Nokia weather app.but still it is lagging behind Google now weather predictions.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    04-30-2014 10:29 AM
    Forecast is the best atm
    08-20-2014 04:50 AM
    accuweather
    08-21-2014 01:09 AM
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned Blue Skies .. I love it - minimal and simple.
    08-21-2014 04:08 PM
    A lot of these apps do look nice but most of them do not offer an animated radar. The main reason I even open a weather app is to see the radar. I've stuck with Accuweather for a long time because thats exactly what it has. Radar, forecast, lockscreen support, and now the MinuteCast shows precipitation for the next 120 minutes.

Until another app provides most of that, I'll be sticking to Accuweather.
    08-21-2014 06:25 PM
    I've tried Microsoft Weather, Blue skies, Accuweather and WeatherBug. MS weather and Blue skies are inaccurate. I really liked the simple and elegant design of blue skies. I've kept Accuweather and WeatherBug to test which one is more accurate. The two have robust set of features. No other free weather app has so many features. For me it'll come down to accuracy.
    08-27-2014 08:13 AM
    A lot of these apps do look nice but most of them do not offer an animated radar. The main reason I even open a weather app is to see the radar. I've stuck with Accuweather for a long time because thats exactly what it has. Radar, forecast, lockscreen support, and now the MinuteCast shows precipitation for the next 120 minutes.

Until another app provides most of that, I'll be sticking to Accuweather.
    Try WeatherBug. Then you can choose between the two on the basis of accuracy.
    08-27-2014 08:15 AM
    Microsoft, I've now learned, works best for my needs/preferences -for now. Accuweather has been my favorite for years, but the live tile stopped updating after I installed 8.1 a couple of weeks ago. I installed Microsoft Weather, my next favorite, which uses Accuweather. It has almost as many features -some better- and is almost as fast; plus the tile works and looks better. Interestingly, and then some, Microsoft had all my previously-selected Accuweather weather locations already identified -even not just the most recent set: Spooky/slick. BTW, Microsoft has more locations (favorites) available, and they are more readily and attractively accessible. Microsoft also has more and better weather maps.

I tried re-installing Accuweather, first, btw, but saw no change: I'm open to try it again later, but Microsoft is working very well, and if it doesn't falter, I'll probably keep it because of the superior locations and maps features.
    08-27-2014 11:12 AM
    Most of what I would recommend has been recommended already. But after installing, uninstalling, reinstalling and using over 31 weather apps (yes, there are 31 weather apps in my L1020 now) only a few made it to the top of my list. Based on accuracy and reliability, and toast notifications for weather conditions, here are my top weather apps (and the only ones that are pinned to my start screen and run in the background):
    1. Appy Weather
    2. Weathr
    3. Prognoza
    4. Weather To-Go

Elsewhere in WPCentral.com, I've posted a similar reply to a similar query but with a longer list of top weather apps. Nonetheless, these are still my top weather apps. Check them out and I hope you'll find them useful, too.
    08-28-2014 02:13 PM
    Hi . appy weather the 1 I use all the time now. There also blue skies or MS own weather app. But check the reviews first if they state the area there using the app, for some work better in certain countries than others. The 3 I listed work fine in the uk now..
    08-28-2014 02:51 PM
86 ... 234