What Weather App is the best

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
It really depends on where you live. Some apps are more accurate in certain locations.
The best thing you can do is try them and see.

I can't find a weather app that can show the hourly/daily weather in live tile. Accuweather shows only the current weather in the large live tile.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Is Accuweather the best weather app?

Not for me.

The ads & the fact that you can't differentiate between individual settings (only imperial or metric) & not for imperial &metric.
For instance in the UK we use metric (degrees Centigrade) for temperature & imperial (mph) for wind speed.

Sent from a WindowsPhone!

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Having just raved about Forecast, it's claiming the current weather is a "light breeze" of 23mph. We've just had to weight the trampoline down with paving slabs and I can barely stand upright out there, a light breeze is a major underestimation!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The best for me is Amazing Weather HD. It has all the features I want. Wide tile that shows hourly updates, lockscreen options (that allows you to use a picture from your gallery), etc. plus it looks beautiful!

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Having just raved about Forecast, it's claiming the current weather is a "light breeze" of 23mph. We've just had to weight the trampoline down with paving slabs and I can barely stand upright out there, a light breeze is a major underestimation!

Yeah the wind speed always seems to be out by quite a few mph.

Sent from a WindowsPhone!

Last edited:

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, MoWeather would be the best weather app, IF they'd fix a few bugs. (at least on WP) ((or at least my device?)) Cus the live tile doesn't update, ever.
It's really beautiful. Nice font. Accurate. Smooth.

MoWeather

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, MoWeather would be the best weather app, IF they'd fix a few bugs. (at least on WP) ((or at least my device?)) Cus the live tile doesn't update, ever.
It's really beautiful. Nice font. Accurate. Smooth.

MoWeather

my live tile updated fine, the app itself just crashes on me everytime I open it now :(

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Forecast live tile corresponding to current weather, I emailed the dev about the possibility of adding that, have not received anything yet.

Just heard back from the developer of Forecast & the feature of having background images on the live tile is on his to do list for the not too distant future.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Forecast has just been updated, has option for Bing image of the day as the app background, but can't see it for the tile. Also I was more thinking of Bing's weather images which they use on their tile, not the daily search engine images.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Weather Flow, I love its feature to shuffle my pictures on the lock screen. Plus it's pretty accurate.

Weather Flow is a dead app. There has not been a single update in about a year. Plus weather information from them is inaccurate for my region. I emailed them and they original developer said they will add option to use different weather data sources. On one last email sent by me to developer it was said that app was sold to some other company and new update will come in 2014 Jan. Still no update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon