I think I know the answers, but before I do anything stupid flashing wise, wanted to check my bearings.

I just picked up an unlocked 1020 on a private sale to replace my 920 (I put a nasty gouge in the centre of the screen that is driving me nuts). I am on Rogers. The seller included a Rogers bill of sale with the IMEI for the phone (I also checked the IMEI using *#06# and they matched ... made sure it wasn't blacklisted ... all good). However, when I got the phone home and popped my SIM in it, had a lot of difficulty connecting to LTE.

I checked "about phone" and the carrier info is Telus, not Rogers, even though the phone was definitely bought from Rogers. So, my questions:

1. Could the unlock code have rebranded the phone?
    2. To make it work reliably with Rogers, is the Rogers LTE APN (ltemobile.apn) all I need to do?
    3. If it was a Rogers 1020, it would be a pentaband phone. If it has Telus firmware, would it still connect on all Rogers bands?
    4. Would it be of any value to reflash the phone with Rogers firmware? If so, would Care Suite or Nokia Software Updater be the better route?

Thanks!
    01-27-2014 10:30 AM
    Not to avoid answering your questions but why don't you just download NSU and see what happens?

One thing I can answer is that an unlocking won't unbrand or change your phone.
    01-27-2014 10:42 AM
    Just worried about the small change that flashing bricks the phone. I had a 920 completely brick on me a year ago through a bad flash (not even spinning gears so it cannot be recovered). Would prefer not to flash ...

I didn't think unlocking would rebrand the phone, just not sure how it wound up with Telus branding.
    01-27-2014 10:52 AM