Nokia 1020 screen flicker issue

anon(5650876)

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having some issue with the screen? For eg. I sometimes see thin horizontal lines, which cut the screen, so the image above and below that line don't match.. Slight vertical misalignment....

It shows up for less than a second.. (its an instant only)....

It happens when I'm scrolling in multitasking window, or say panning a picture..😁.

One more issue I have.
My friend with 920 also has flickering issue with the screen, brightness changes when scrolling. I also have this one.

Is the screen defective?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having some issue with the screen? For eg. I sometimes see thin horizontal lines, which cut the screen, so the image above and below that line don't match.. Slight vertical misalignment....

It shows up for less than a second.. (its an instant only)....

It happens when I'm scrolling in multitasking window, or say panning a picture...

One more issue I have.
My friend with 920 also has flickering issue with the screen, brightness changes when scrolling. I also have this one.

Is the screen defective?

You have auto brightness turned on. Switch it off in settings and set your screen brightness to Low.

alexaw88

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I also have this problem.
I bought white 920 last month, and I saw the screen was flickering like a bulb (at the corners of the phone).
I brought it to nokia store where I bought the phone, and then I asked for the new one.
2 days later, I got the new phone (also white 920), but the phone had exactly same problem.
The salesman told me to brought home the first white 920 till he found another one again.
Then, I updated to Black, but I still have the problem (okay, this is hardware problem).
Yesterday, he called me that I can get refund my money, or buy another color.
Today I came to the store again and I replace my white 920 with red 920.
Sadly, the red 920 also have this problem, and then I also borrowed the salesman's 920 (also red).
Unfortunately, his 920 also have this problem, but he said that he isn't disturbed by this problem.
The problem can be seen easly in the blue abstract background and maple leaf background (I had use those background), and
also in the music or games background (grey).
The salesman use red lampions background, and he insist that only those two backgrounds that have this problem.
But, I still can see a little flicker in the red background too (I don't know that I have good eyes or he was pretend?)
So, I didn't want to take the red 920 too, and I asked my money back.
He agreed, but he took all the phones ( white and red) and he said that he will tell me when I can get my money.

That is my experienced.
Hope it can help you.
Sorry if my english is bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99