Lumia 1020 Microphone Issues

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
If you're running 8.1:
I took my 1020 into an ATT store and all they did was revert me back to 8.0 and the speaker phone mic works again. I am not sure what is going on with it for 8.1

Unfortunately, that solution doesn't work for everyone. Of course though, reverting to 8.0 with Nokia Recovery Tool is worth a try.

Spider-Mic

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Had the mic issue too. Because of have no bill I bought an upper mic/headset jack spare module and changed it. Now it works fine. Interesting than Nokia never heard about this hardware issue :)

Theplayermalik

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Well i had also the same problem with my lumia 520 but when i removed my screen guard from the bottom of display there is a hole of mic. And it worked for me. Plx try it also. Thank you

anon(9037230)

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue, but I'd be surprised if mine's hardware. I just got the phone in January, and it was working fine. I updated to 8.1 and still no issues. It seemed to happen around the time I added a bunch of music to the phone. So, it's either something to do with the way they do storage or an update of some sort. Either way it's a pain!

schuerstedt

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. The second mic was not working anymore. So the mic from a headset. Send it in to Nokia and they repaired it on warranty :kiss:. The AV assembly needs to be replaced (cost less than $20 to buy).

By the way, the mic is working in landscape video, because the Nokia cam is recording in stereo, using the normal mic as well. But if you record vertical, it is using only the second mic, so no sound if the second mic is dead.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. The second mic was not working anymore. So the mic from a headset. Send it in to Nokia and they repaired it on warranty :kiss:. The AV assembly needs to be replaced (cost less than $20 to buy).

By the way, the mic is working in landscape video, because the Nokia cam is recording in stereo, using the normal mic as well. But if you record vertical, it is using only the second mic, so no sound if the second mic is dead.

Working as intended. It is a built in function by Nokia to tell you that screens are designed for, and videos are supposed to be recorded in landscape. Not vertical.
:winktongue:

imam-khan

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm also facing the same problem with microphone on my 1020 please help me , my warranty is expired...is there any solution so that I can fix it on my own

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786