browser question

manni1to

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
I am new to the Lumia 1020 and windows phone as a whole but there is something that is driving me crazy. While using the browser I cannot figure out where the back button is. When I use the capacitive back button on the device it exits the browser and goes to my home screen. Can someone help me out lol

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It is definitely the hardware button to go back. You can only go back to the first viewed page in a browsing session mind, so if you only look at one page then the back button will close the browser.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
What are you trying to go back to? If the hardware button is returning you to the start screen, then you've gone back through all the pages you've had loaded. If you are trying to go back to a home page, then set a tile on your home screen with that url, use that tile to open your browser and then when you click back the last page will always be that url. I use the Skinery app to create the tile, but there are other free apps.

You can also used tabbed browsing, so you can close each tab without returning to the start screen.

There's another browser called UC browser which might be worth a look, if you're not happy with IE.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
The other thing I have found useful is the "recent" option when pressing the ... symbol, it gives you the pages you've viewed, with the most recent first

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss