How big could you print a Lumia 1020 photo at decent quality?

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
One thing I've wondered about Lumia 1020 pictures at full res is how big you could print them out with decent quality?

I just looked up one in Paint on the pixels, and unless I'm mistaken the full res was 7712 x 4352px, which when translated to inches the former is 80 inches (!) and over 6 and a half foot?

So does that mean the photos would be like 6 x 4 ft?

I just wondered about doing the odd photo on a canvas and wondered what sizes you could maintain quality at etc. I had a look for other threads on this but couldn't see any...

Any suggestions appreciated! Cheers!

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Whilst I couldn't give you an answer, it all depends on DPI (Pixel Density) of the printer being used. Sorry I can't elaborate any more, but I hope it helps.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The other thing you'll want to consider is while there are a lot of pixels, they are tiny tiny pixels and the accuracy of each pixel at a fully zoomed in level won't look very good. You'll want print your picture as 5-8mp at most to get decent quality

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My neighbor had a bunch of iPhone 4S photos printed out onto canvas prints and were sized around 20 inches square. Now, I didn't examine them with a magnifying glass, but I thought they looked so good that I thought they were taken with a DSLR. So I think any 920 or higher phone will do just fine for this purpose, as long as you make sure you have decent amount of light. One last comment: I suspect that canvas prints will have a bit of a graininess to them, which may hide the photos lack of high quality or resolution.

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the extra replies. Yeah I was wondering about the trade-off between quality and size basically ands what would be the maximum size of a decent quality and so on. Looking at that link someone posted above, if you went with 300 DPI you'd still get a decent size. I am intrigued to just go for it and get a huge 70 DPI print out like a huge poster and see how it looks. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb