Hi guys,

I've got this really weird issue with my Lumia 1020 regarding my phonebook/contacts. Maybe it's best to give a bit of background first:

I used to have my phonebook linked to my Facebook account - obviously I ended up with about 200 contacts. Now the weird thing is that my grandmother added me, and went into my phonebook. I noticed that her name was no longer under her name, but was suddenly listed as my mother's name, so I changed the name back and thought nothing of it.
    I then got a text from a friend, but all of a sudden, most of my contacts (but not all of them) are no longer linked to their number?! This meant that I had to manually update every text/contact with their respective number, which took ages.

Anyway, this issue keeps happening now, and I've since unlinked my Facebook account as I thought that this would be the issue. It's not! The damned thing keeps deleting contacts seemingly at random from my phonebook, and adding new ones that I didn't have before?!

I'm getting really sick of this now, I've been Googling the issue for ages, but I can't for the life of me work out what's going wrong. I love my Lumia, I've had them ever since the 800 came out, but I'm seriously considering throwing it out at the moment!

Can anyone help??
    02-05-2014 03:53 AM
    In ur contacts list go to settings and then filter my contacts and uncheck Facebook

Tell me if it works
    02-05-2014 04:28 AM
    Hi, I've already done this, the problem has just been continuing :(
    02-05-2014 04:37 AM
    Go to live.com
    Sign in and then go to people ( in the website) then check ur settings there
    02-05-2014 04:55 AM
    Go to live.com
    Sign in and then go to people ( in the website) then check ur settings there
    Hi dude, I've been on there and have checked. I link contacts from both my Google Account and my Microsoft Account. Do you think that this is causing the issue?

Thanks
    02-05-2014 05:04 AM
    I think that might be the cause, Do like i did, migrate all contacts from google to micrsoft (use the contact export to csv format in gmail) then unlink gmail from micrsoft account then when finished you can remove all accounts from ur phone then only add microsoft and let it sync, then add fb and see if it will solved
    BTW: you can import your gmail in outlook then set auto forward from gmail to outlook
    Robertgarytaylor likes this.
    02-05-2014 06:02 AM
    Great, thanks.

I will try this!
    02-05-2014 06:55 AM
    Did this work? I've just noticed over the past week that my contacts are disappearing. In some cases the names stay but the phone numbers are gone. I can't figure out what's going on!
    03-25-2014 03:05 PM