Why do I still have a green tint after Black Update

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok seriously, I've seen reviews where people say the color accuracy is better, but it's not on my phone. Every single time...in my house I have incandescent lighting, and it always starts out looking accurate, and afterwards, everything becomes super yellow and my beige walls become yellow/green. I have all of the latest firmware updates and Nokia Camera updates.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
As I said, There's no ultimate fix for that. Just use DNG also you light conditions might not be the proper ones to take pictures.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
As I said, There's no ultimate fix for that. Just use DNG also you light conditions might not be the proper ones to take pictures.

I see, but DNG's are just so big and take up so much space lol. But you're probably right, do you have any recommendations for DNG reading apps. I have a copy of lightroom, but i think there are too many features. I just want something simple for highlights and shadows

shadownjoke

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Set your ISO settings to 100, it'll fix it for you but Nokia should manage to fix its own post processing because it used to work during Portico and it became worse after each update later on...

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Yea I don't get it either. I have a 1020 and no matter what I do all pictures with flash come out yellowish... I just gave up on the flash which is a shame cause it has what I thought was a superior flash in the xenon...

the_whatever

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You have to keep in mind that the phone's screen is inaccurate in itself (mine's one gives a yellowish/greenish tint to everything) so to better judge the colors - view the photos on a calibrated screen. Or at least on an LCD...

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Like I've posted on another thread is: on your phone go to display, Lumia color profile, set the saturation to the left to neutral. You will see the pics on your phone a lot more natural and a lot less yellow/green tint.

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Changing the color profile does help but makes the home screen look so washed out... Sighs I guess it's one or the other....

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I hope Nokia will use camera algorithm of portico in the next 8.1 update. It will the most innovative update they will release in windows phone.

the_whatever

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope Nokia will use camera algorithm of portico in the next 8.1 update. It will the most innovative update they will release in windows phone.

Why would you want to make a regression in image quality? Black for me is great - photos look awesome, either with or without flash. Sure, it's annoying that I can't enjoy them to the fullest on the phone itself because the screen makes them look worse color-wise but still you can't say that camera algorhythms in black are worse than in previous builds of wp.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Why would you want to make a regression in image quality? Black for me is great - photos look awesome, either with or without flash. Sure, it's annoying that I can't enjoy them to the fullest on the phone itself because the screen makes them look worse color-wise but still you can't say that camera algorhythms in black are worse than in previous builds of wp.

Actually, I can say that image quality is worse with Amber/Black. The 1020 never came with Portico, but I had a 920 before, and as soon as I update to Amber, all the colors got screwed up. Though Portico mainly had oversaturation issues with colors in daylight images, but I much prefer that to the sickly yellow/green tint on every ffc picture and almost all indoor images with my 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb