Black dots on Amoled screen!!

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got my 1020 a few days ago and today I noticed black dots all over the screen. They show up when looking at a picture of a black background with screen brightness set to low. I did some searching and found out that most amoled phones have this. There are lots of people complaining about the S3 and note 3 but no one seems to notice on the 1020. So my question is did I get a defective 1020 or do you guys see it too?

infestedd

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i dont recomend an replace if the rest of the phone is ok. I had an bad experience with an 928 i sent to nokia care because of the amoled stains. The phone came back with an smaller stain, but the back side of the phone had some scratches, and the screen too. So the problem can get bigger, because of something that almost all amoled displays have.

My 1020 had an medium size stain at the top, i dont plan sending it to nokia care except if the phone shows another problem, and i would HAVE to send it

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys talking about the ghosting that appears when your ambled screen displays blacks? Cause that's very normal for that technology...

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It's just annoying when watching dark scenes in movies or dark pictures. I counted at least 6 small spots. I'm not sure if I should get it replaced thru AT&T since I read it could be worse and it's basically a gamble on what you get....

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The reality is that if you're using an AMOLED screen, 9/10 times you'll wind up with these black spots. I wouldn't recommend that you go for a replacement unless they're extremely distracting; the odds that you won't have a single black dot is practically naught. However, there is a good chance you'll wind up with a screen that are even worse in terms of the black spots.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yea, it's normal. But you can get lucky. My friend's 928 has the black spots, and I was worried i would have the spots when I upgraded from my 920 to 1020, but my 1020 has no black spots. Or if there are, they are too subtle to see!

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine has a single dot and i can only see it when am in a dark room with a totally black background. it's just a upper corner of my phone opposite the front facing camera side. Initally was thinking it's dead pixel i hear of bt nice to know it's norma

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I had mine replaced. There were a few black spots and some wiggly lines, I could only see them on a dark background in an unlit room. I didn't know it was a common occurrence at the time and went straight for a replacement. Given what I paid for the phone, I wanted it to be near perfect!

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This is why I do not like AMOLED. Yes it has deep blacks but the life span, durability is bad. It also suffer in burn in and more prone to dead.stuck pixel.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This is why I do not like AMOLED. Yes it has deep blacks but the life span, durability is bad. It also suffer in burn in and more prone to dead.stuck pixel.

Ehhh most of that isn't true anymore. I always shoot for AMOLED because in all the AMOLED devices I have owned, I have never once experienced burn in, any dead pixels, and every single one of them is still alive and as beautiful as they were when I purchased them! Now LCD on the other hand, I have never owned one that didn't have a dead pixel.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have lots of black spots on my Samsung Ativ S, but it's not really an issue as I can only detect them in my dark bedroom, watching Youtube, or some other dark grey background, but it's a pity that Amoleds have this problem still

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I saw the same "spots" on my brother's 822 - I could see it when the phone displayed a picture or background which was completely black - thought it was a defect, but upon reading through the forums, it appears it is a trait of the AMOLED technology.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05