How do you remove/change Copyright metadata on Phone?

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to remove or change the copyright metadata from the phone so I don't have to in lightroom? Right now the default is "Copyright 2012 Nokia Corporation" I want to change or remove it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
TIA

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do you remove Copyright metadata from photos?

Could you please show a screenshot? I'm not exactly sure what you referring to.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

In your title it says Copyright metadata from photos and in the post you have mentioned copyright metadata from the phone . Are you talking about watermarking on photos by any chance ?

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't think this is possible yet. There is not option in camera apps or phone settings I could think of, but can you do that on a DSLR?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately you can't do it on the phone at the moment. I had a conversation with Nokia support a while back on Twitter and they have forwarded this to the relevant teams.

As per my experience the copyright info is only added to DNG images (Nokia probably has a patent for the DNG algorithm) so you will have to use some app to process them anyway.

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys. Yes I think its only on the DNG files. For now I will just removed the copyright metadata in lightroom then sync metadata with other photos. It would be nice if I can just remove it on the phone and don't have to deal with it in Lightroom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo