Lumia 1020 RM 875 International Unlocked Version Showing H+,3G

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi i have a RM875 1020,bought new in Costa Rica,but shows in system info New Zealand,Australia.The person in store selling me phone did say it may not pick up the (fast) signals in the US,just says he wanted to let me know before i buy phone.Since i wanted unlocked and unbranded to AT+T version and that,s only 1 he has i bought it.He was right in my area north of NYC.it reads(E)for edge 2g but if i go into the city,Times Square,etc,it reads H+.Now i,m moving to Florida and when i got off plane it reads 3G and the speed is the fastest i,ve since i bought the phone.Is 3G the eqivalent of T Mobile 4G LTE? I have T Mobile here in US.I compared it to someone who has a T Mobile phone with LTE and mine is same speed or faster.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi i have a RM875 1020,bought new in Costa Rica,but shows in system info New Zealand,Australia.The person in store selling me phone did say it may not pick up the (fast) signals in the US,just says he wanted to let me know before i buy phone.Since i wanted unlocked and unbranded to AT+T version and that,s only 1 he has i bought it.He was right in my area north of NYC.it reads(E)for edge 2g but if i go into the city,Times Square,etc,it reads H+.Now i,m moving to Florida and when i got off plane it reads 3G and the speed is the fastest i,ve since i bought the phone.Is 3G the eqivalent of T Mobile 4G LTE? I have T Mobile here in US.I compared it to someone who has a T Mobile phone with LTE and mine is same speed or faster.

I think T-Mobile 4G (based on HSPA+) what it's showing as 3G, same thing my Carrier does here, they have HSPA+ soon DCHSPA+ and calling it 4G. if it was LTE I think it would either say LTE or 4G

poots1101

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the international RM-875 right now on T-mobile. Unless you have a pentaband 1020 (Roger's 1020 in Canada is a pentaband model), you will not get Tmob's 4G LTE because the RM-875 doesn't have the radio band. When you see H+ that means you are getting HSPA+ on t-mobile, which can be pretty fast (though theoretically not as last as LTE).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte