Something wrong with the lens

anrorob

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.
So I bought the Lumia 1020 today to start taking amazing pictures. Took the phone out of the box, signed in, downloaded all updates (including Lumia Black) and took my first picture.
And you can see it for yourself. It looks like the lens is stuck on macro or some very close range setting. I did not change anything, used the standard cam app.
Do you think I am missing something in settings or is the phone faulty?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• WP_20140210_17_49_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140210_17_49_35_Pro.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 4

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
A buddy of mine had the same issue and it turned out he forgot to take the plastic off that protects the lens, have you checked to see if maybe the store forgot to do that?

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, use Nokia Camera, not Camera.

Also, make sure you half press to focus and then full press to shoot, or tap to focus, and then tap the shutter button. Again check the flim is gone from the back and there is nothing on the lens.

Finally, first post from a new user with a blurry photo claiming to be from a 1020, claiming to have a problem... troll maybe? I can replicate this effect by just using the manual focus in Nokia Camera any day.

anrorob

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I went back to shop and was given a new handset. The first one had a faulty lens.
Btw, I have seen trolls with 63 posts on forums.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Apologies if i caused any offense. There's been a lot of threads lately about rattly/fuzzy optics which have amounted to nothing, and i figured this could have been another wind up.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans