Anyone else getting screwed over by Nokia Customer 'Support'?

somuee

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 1020 in November and learned I was eligible for a $20 app gift and a free camera grip if I registered with Nokia. So I did and got the $20, but after completing the online camera grip case form, got an error at their website telling me to contact customer service. So I did that in December and was told "clear your browser cache yadda yadda yadda" which of course did nothing. Then the rep asked me for screen shots of the page, my numbers, receipt, etc and after about 3 back-and-fourths was asked to resend all that and more to yet another customer service rep (no idea why they couldn't simply pass my case and everything on to the next person). I took the time to compile everything again and sent that off in January and haven't heard back from them.
I get the feeling they just don't want to honour their promotions. Anyone else not receiving their camera grip?

somuee

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm thinking that if customer service isn't actively trying to help a customer, they are screwing said customer over, no?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
They should still honour their promotion, especially as you tried to get it originally but couldn't due to a problem their end. Personally, I would email them once more, and politely, but firmly, ask for a reason as to why you have not received the camera grip yet, considering the amount of time they have had all of the information that they asked for. Say that you are unhappy with the service so far considering you purchased their flagship model and that you want this to be resolved very soon as it has already gone on long enough. Hopefully this gets them to respond with a reason why you haven't received it yet, or at the very least they should confirm what they are going to do about it from this point onwards.

Hopefully you get it sorted soon. I don't think they're misleading people with an offer they can't provide, but it's certainly not the best customer support so far. Nokia are usually much better than this.

somuee

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Oh hey, I got a response! Looks like they have their Google Alerts on :winktongue:
Unfortunately the response was "Nokia is still looking into this". Weaksauce.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue with my app voucher on my 1020.... It took countless emails and chatting with live support to get it pushed through....But I must ask, Where did you get your phone that they offered a free camera grip? I feel screwed over now Lol

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I was unable to claim the $20 app voucher. I contacted support and was told my request has been forwarded. It's been at least a week and no response. I guess I just don't care enough, though it does leave a generally negative feeling about Nokia. Hopefully Microsoft does better when they take over completely.

EDIT: Interesting to note that after weeks of a message that said "Please try again later," it now says "we've run out of stock" on their page.

sarthakm

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If you're in Canada then the promotion is run by a separate product delivery company, tilwood. In that case I couldn't blame Nokia for issues with a separate company they hired for ease of use or legal reasons.

I also had issues claiming for the app card and countless number of times on the phone. Just passed on it as it wasn't worth the effort of arguing for hours on the phone for a $20 voucher. Was able to get the grip without problems.

When did you (specific date) buy the phone?

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has been great in letting me borrow a 1020 and 1520 but when i say my sons 520s charger had broke nothing they couldn't care less. I was told to travel 120 miles to a Nokia centre and they would look at it then when i complained i was told to try ebay or amazon for a new one, when i asked surly charger is covered under warranty "we're not sure sorry" was the answer.

somuee

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I forgot about this thread, but should update: after being passed around to many reps (and having to explain everything every time), I got my pack. All it took was 3 or 4 months of harassment 😣

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Haven't been overly impressed with Nokia customer support of late.

The tripod I got with my free accessory pack broke a short while ago so I emailed Nokia and got no response. I then used the live chat support feature and was directed to my nearest Nokia Care Point...nearly an hour's drive away! Thought I'd call them first and wasn't surprised to hear that they couldn't help me as they deal with phone repairs.

Finally decided to register a Twitter account just so I can ask them for help there.

Not going to hold my breath.

I previously thought Nokia support was pretty good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs