Will my UK 1020 works with a TMobile USA sim?

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm going to New York for a couple of days, and I read online that a foreign smartphone doesn't work with TMobile USA's 3G network, only 2G. But the posts that said that were a few years old and I can't seem to figure out if it will work, if things have changed since then.

My 1020 is from the UK, on the packaging it says:
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100
LTE800/900/1800/2100/2600 GSMQUAD

The reason I wanted to chose TMobile USA is because they do a pay-per-day plan which gives you unlimited data, and I'm only in the US for 3 days.

Any help would be great!
Sam

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Looking at what wikipedia list for the T-Mobile US bands, it doesn't look like your 1020 is supported. I believe it'll work on AT&T though you may not get LTE.

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Looking at what wikipedia list for the T-Mobile US bands, it doesn't look like your 1020 is supported. I believe it'll work on AT&T though you may not get LTE.

That may not be true.I have the international unlocked 1020-RM875 with the same above mentioned frequencies and use T-Mobile and most of the time i pick up more than 2G.The highest speed i picked up is H+ and 3G.It depends where you are,some areas in the US will only get 2G but mostly you can get higher speeds.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes it will work with T-Mobile's 2100 MHz LTE (data only, not voice). If you are in a non-LTE area you might only get 2G until T-Mobile finishes refarming their cell towers for HSPA+ 1900 MHz (4G). This means you must be in an LTE area. If not, you may only get 2G instead of 3G or 4G.Before use your T-Mobile USA sim card,Make sure your Nokia Lumia 1020 phone is unlocked one.If it's locked by particular network carrier means,you will need to unlock your phone.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like MobileUnlockSolutions.com Here you can unlock your phone at low cost.

Yes check its unlocked first!i'll second that .

Do check your uk phone isnt locked even if its a uk-t-mobile phone and you plan on using t-mobile usa

i had similar with a orange france locked phone a while back, i brought it here to uk and popped my uk orange sim in and was greeted with the phone restricted message! And had to unlock it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12