debrand att 1020 after gdr3 update?

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up my new 1020 and before I setup it up I'd like to debrand it before hand (it's unlocked already). I've do this before without any issue's on my 920 but that was an upgrade to gdr2. Is it possible and is it the same way as the 920?

Last edited:

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up my new 1020 and before I setup it up I'd like to debrand it before hand (it's unlocked already). I've do this before without any issue's on my 920 but that was an upgrade to gdr2. Is it possible and is it the same way as the 920?

i don't think so it can do like 920 ,,

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It has been reported countless times that ATT WP devices except 920 and 820 can't be flashed with anything that is not intended to be loaded on them. For example, on ATT L925 you can flash firmwares with ATT L925 product codes only. If you try to flash T-Mobile's L925 product code firmware on ATT L925 won't work. There is a theory that you need to stay within the same RM-XXX number. Both ATT and T-Mobile L925 are with the same RM-XXX number, i.e RM-893 and yet the ATT L925 is fully locked and can't be flashed with anything. On the other side, T-Mobile's L925 can be flashed with any L925 firmware with exception of maybe the firmware for RM-910. Some folks have reported that they have flashed their T-Mobile L925's with firmwares intended for the European Union (and lost LTE since EU L925's use different LTE bands) and successfully flashed back to stock T-Mobile firmware.

The same goes for L1020. I wanted to flash Rogers L1020 on ATT L1020 and it didn't work. I think i've exhausted all combinations and followed all public tutorials on how to flash ATT L1020 ... Nothing works ...

Same thing for ATT L1520, ATT L520 ...

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
It has been reported countless times that ATT WP devices except 920 and 820 can't be flashed with anything that is not intended to be loaded on them. For example, on ATT L925 you can flash firmwares with ATT L925 product codes only. If you try to flash T-Mobile's L925 product code firmware on ATT L925 won't work. There is a theory that you need to stay within the same RM-XXX number. Both ATT and T-Mobile L925 are with the same RM-XXX number, i.e RM-893 and yet the ATT L925 is fully locked and can't be flashed with anything. On the other side, T-Mobile's L925 can be flashed with any L925 firmware with exception of maybe the firmware for RM-910. Some folks have reported that they have flashed their T-Mobile L925's with firmwares intended for the European Union (and lost LTE since EU L925's use different LTE bands) and successfully flashed back to stock T-Mobile firmware.

The same goes for L1020. I wanted to flash Rogers L1020 on ATT L1020 and it didn't work. I think i've exhausted all combinations and followed all public tutorials on how to flash ATT L1020 ... Nothing works ...

Same thing for ATT L1520, ATT L520 ...

nitpicking but the UK firmware on my T-Mobile 925 kept lte. It did however ruin internet sharing

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
nitpicking but the UK firmware on my T-Mobile 925 kept lte. It did however ruin internet sharing
Well, that is not a nitpick ... Is your phone from USA T-Mobile or Europe T-Mobile? If from USA T-Mobile, which product code you used to flash your device with? How do you know that you get LTE?

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to read over the xda forum some more and see...hope to eventually get it flashed over. On my 920 my battery life and general use got much better of the ATT firmware.

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, that is not a nitpick ... Is your phone from USA T-Mobile or Europe T-Mobile? If from USA T-Mobile, which product code you used to flash your device with? How do you know that you get LTE?

T-Mobile USA and the product code was 059S917 and I knew it was LTE because I was getting the same speeds I was getting on the T-Mobile firmware. 26 down never happened on hspa+

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile USA and the product code was 059S917 and I knew it was LTE because I was getting the same speeds I was getting on the T-Mobile firmware. 26 down never happened on hspa+
Thanks for replying back ... I'm tempted to get the T-Mobile's L925 from NewEgg, but i need to clarify if the LTE would really work after flashing GB CV product code firmware.

My understanding is that the firmwares downloaded with NaviFirm/NCS (i'm talking specifically about the .ffu file) contain the modem/radio firmware that is probably embedded in the .ffu image. Also, my understanding is that the RM-893 radio/modem hardware is different than the RM-892 (European version), so i thought that if you flash RM-892 firmware onto RM-893 device the radio/modem firmware would get flashed too, and the radio/modem firmware of the RM-892 would try to talk to radio/modem hardware that is not present on the RM-893 and with that not being able to get LTE on RM-893. That is why in my post above i said that if one flashes RM-892 firmware, LTE would be gone ...

Now, it is possible that what you've flashed (059S917) didn't contain radio/modem embedded into the firmware ... Since i'm no expert in Nokia firmwares, what i've just said about difference in the radio/modem hardware between RM-892 and RM-893 could be all wrong ... I'll stop speculating and confusing people ...

The best way to tell if you indeed get LTE (after flashing 059S917) if you go to "Field Test" menu, press "Accept", then find "LTE" and press on it. Look for "EARFCN" and post it here.

Edit: Forgot to mention that to get to the "Field Test" you should go to the dialer and punch in ##3282#

Last edited:

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm back on the T-Mobile rom because they just got black but I remember being surprised at the speed on the UK rom because it just said 4g but I was getting lte speeds. I tried a Mexican rm-893 rom and that didn't have lte and had much much lower data speeds because of it

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm back on the T-Mobile rom because they just got black but I remember being surprised at the speed on the UK rom because it just said 4g but I was getting lte speeds. I tried a Mexican rm-893 rom and that didn't have lte and had much much lower data
speeds because of it

Outside the US and Canada, 4G means LTE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6