I've put up three sample shots taken within second of each other, one with the built-in WP8 Camera app, one with Nokia Pro Cam and the final with 1Shot. Maybe it's just me but the built-in cam picture seems to be better than the others:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lU&usp=sharing
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    02-16-2014 08:42 AM
    Eww google drive ;)
    02-16-2014 09:10 AM
    Well when Skydrive decides to stop being a POS and let me upload full res photos directly from my Lumia 1020 , I might consider using it. Only sheep-like fanboys give blind allegiance to an inferior service and I didn't think that's what we embodied in this forum ;)
    Zeem Frostmaw likes this.
    02-16-2014 09:18 AM
    I'd say that you're not crazy. The middle picture does have more life to the foreground. At the same time, it also has a more blown out background.

Lately, I've been using the default camera as my 'default' (activated by the camera button), just because it's faster, and does a good job for quick snaps, and switch to the Nokia camera when I want the extra control.
    Gilbert Marcoux and Nabkawe5 like this.
    02-16-2014 09:23 AM
    Fair enough. I've also found that colour representation and white balance seems to be a lot more accurate using the WP8 Built-in lens.
    02-16-2014 09:28 AM
    The default camera is a decent app in its own right. In a situation like your sample, it shows. The background lighting is more blown out than the other two, but that's fine in a case like this. Of course, if time permits, finer controls are better, but for spontaneity's sake, I'd rather have the extra time to snap more pics, and the default camera opens over twice as fast, as well as has less time between shots.

I still use the Nokia Camera on a regular basis, it's just not my 'launch from camera button' app, though it is pinned to the start screen .
    Gilbert Marcoux likes this.
    02-16-2014 10:26 AM
    I've put up three sample shots taken within second of each other, one with the built-in WP8 Camera app, one with Nokia Pro Cam and the final with 1Shot. Maybe it's just me but the built-in cam picture seems to be better than the others:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lU&usp=sharing
    I love that cat :D
    02-16-2014 10:35 AM
    You should follow it on Instagram ;) just search for "chattefantome"
    02-16-2014 11:17 AM
    nice , so the stock camera captures more decent photos ,
    btw you can upload full high-resolution images on skydrive for this go to phone settings ->swipe to applications ->photos+camera->in auto upload section select SkyDrive ->in photos selection tap on best quality(need Wi-Fi) and same for videos if you want to :)
    02-17-2014 10:57 AM
    the cat looks adorable <3
    btw I saw a iPhone there lol it would be fun too see which captures better images in lowlight without flash ;)
    02-17-2014 10:59 AM
    It still won't upload the 30+MPX photo. I even tried to do it manually with a 1Shot photo
    02-17-2014 12:44 PM
    The Lumia 1020 does far better in low light
    02-17-2014 12:45 PM
    It still won't upload the 30+MPX photo. I even tried to do it manually with a 1Shot photo
    :-p my bad you have a Lumia 1020 , I should have noticed your profile image silly me :-p I have a Lumia 920 , so SkyDrive does upload full high resolution images ;) and the comparison was just for fun , I know Lumia 1020 will smoke iPhone's camera
    02-17-2014 12:50 PM
    it does in low light. In daylight photos though the iPhone's pictures have the better colour reproduction as well as white balance. I also find they don't over soften like the Nokia Pro cam does as well (and to a lesser degree the built in WP8 camera). It seems that Nokia's sacrificed daytime picture quality for better low lowlight pictures. Something they seem to have corrected on the Lumia Icon (from what I saw in Phone Arena's review) at the cost of it's low light abilities.
    02-17-2014 02:38 PM
    Same issues on my lumia 920 , that's because of new camera algorithm made by nokia for pureview camera hardware. Hopefully they will change it with windows phone 8.1 with new firmware update ;)
    02-17-2014 07:26 PM
    Eww google drive ;)

Eww is right. after having visited there, I feel like I need to run C-Cleaner on my computer... twice. hehe
    02-17-2014 07:33 PM
    Eww is right. after having visited there, I feel like I need to run C-Cleaner on my computer... twice. hehe
    Eww, C-Cleaner
    Jazmac likes this.
    02-18-2014 08:02 AM
    default camera is pretty great for a stock camera. I had photos of sparks, one taken with stock and another with Pro cam. stock cam trounced pro cam
    02-18-2014 08:05 AM
    LOL I also prefer stock camera for casual "fast" shots and I was surprised how good they are especially in low light (!!!), counterintuitive but true...
    02-18-2014 08:22 AM