One of the main reasons I abandoned the iPhone and all of it's wonderful apps was because of the amazing camera on the Lumia 1020 and the fact that I can actually shoot RAW DNG files.

The primary advantage of a DNG file (compared with JPG) is the ability to do creative editing while keeping amazing detail and quality.

These photos were shot from the 1020. Some freehand and some from a tripod. All were loaded on my PC and edited in Adobe CS6. Some had a lot of editing and some had nothing done to them other than the watermark and a cropping which makes them small enough to load to the forum.

I'm suddenly a lot less bothered with the app deficit I suffered by switching to Lumia from Apple :)

40.jpg
    Minimal editing, was impressed with DoF from this camera.

48.jpg
    Nothing too special here but I wanted to see how it would do with a bright white background.

10.jpg
    Again impressed with the DoF. In the full resolution version I'm able to crop out quite a bit on the focused part without losing detail.
    Attached Thumbnails 05-smaller.jpg  
    tommikovski likes this.
    02-16-2014 03:34 PM
    Ok, the forum got a bit goofy so I'm not sure if I exceeded my upload limit so here are a few more:

34.jpg
    Still the full frame but cropped to fit. Reduced color to near black and white.

05.jpg
    Loved being able to isolate one piece. Minimal editing.

18.jpg
    Another angle....

37.jpg
    A local arepazo's beveral selection

10a.jpg
    La piece de resistance; my D800! Other than the watermark, no editing. This is the only shot in this collection that required a tripod. Lighting done with some dollar store LED keyrings.

18a.jpg
    Blinds!
    02-16-2014 03:41 PM
    Thanks for these images! They look amazing.

Ordered a 1020 last week to replace my 920. The camera is too good to miss out on it, especially since Nokia added dng compatibility. I had the chance to use a Nokia 808 for a month but the OS drove me away but the images were awesome. Hope i can get similar results with the 1020.

Dont worry, after a while you wont miss the iPhone. The iPhone 4 was my daily driver before i switched to WP8 and i missed the eco system the most. After a month or so i was a 100% happy Lumia user ;)

Cheers,
    Tom
    GPendolino likes this.
    02-17-2014 06:43 AM
    I need to give DNG a try. Still happy but the work I've done finishing my DOF adapter is wasted if I can't use raw files!
    GPendolino likes this.
    02-17-2014 08:42 AM