Phone locks up when put on wireless charger

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a replacement 1020 due to some Bluetooth issues with the other one and now this one is locking up when it is put on the Nokia wireless charging stand. It happens every time I leave it on the charger over night. When I take the phone off the charger it is completely non-responsive. I have to do the volume down with power button hold to restart it.

If I put the phone on for only a few minutes or half an hour it is fine. I also noticed that when I had Glance set to be on while on the charger with "night mode" set to a colour, the phone would act erratic. It would come on, then go off, over and over again. That is, the lock screen would come on, it would fade away and then go to the glance view, then do it all again.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got a replacement 1020 due to some Bluetooth issues with the other one and now this one is locking up when it is put on the Nokia wireless charging stand. It happens every time I leave it on the charger over night. When I take the phone off the charger it is completely non-responsive. I have to do the volume down with power button hold to restart it.

If I put the phone on for only a few minutes or half an hour it is fine. I also noticed that when I had Glance set to be on while on the charger with "night mode" set to a colour, the phone would act erratic. It would come on, then go off, over and over again. That is, the lock screen would come on, it would fade away and then go to the glance view, then do it all again.

When a phone is on the charger, it should ALWAYS have the glance screen. So, for a charging phone to have the screen going on and off I have a feeling there is something wrong with the charger or the wireless charging part of the phone. It sounds like your charger is busted, and after the phone has started/stopped 'Charge Mode' for the 1000th time during the middle of the night it finally gives up and just crashes because it doesn't want to take it anymore, haha.

Do you ever leave it plugged in over night via USB? And there are no issues there?

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The phone that I had but was replaced on Thursday the 13th didn't have any issues with the charger so I am pretty sure it is the phone. I am going to charge with a cable tonight though to see how it goes.

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When a phone is on the charger, it should ALWAYS have the glance screen. So, for a charging phone to have the screen going on and off...

It doesn't actually go off. It is going from Glance screen to Lock screen and back to Glance screen and on and on.

I tried it with cable charging last night and it is fine. I don't think that eliminates the phone though because the other phone didn't do this. It had a Bluetooth problem.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you say where you were from? haha Is this an AT&T or international model?

I'm wondering if it might just be something with the connection between your charging cover and the little dots on the back of the phone, but I'm sure you've taken that on and off a couple of times. Might just want to take the phone into the store and set it on one of their display Qi chargers to see what it does...although I'm not sure if AT&T still has them on display.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo