Battery down to 90% in less than an hour

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've gone through 5 Lumia 1020's in the past 3-4 weeks. All having the same problems with battery life. After taking my phone off the charger, I turn off Bluetooth and WiFi. I don't have glance on but I do however have all my background tasks running (someone on another thread suggested trying this). I have two emails set to sync as arrive, Hotmail and outlook emails. I took my phone off the charger at 6:30 AM this morning, and when I looked at it an hour later, 7:30AM, I had 90% battery left. I have 3-5 bars of LTE and 1-4 bars of 4G everywhere I go. I do a soft reset 3-4 times a week since this is a common occurrence. I just took my Gmail email off my phone, so I'm testing to see if that was the problem. I normally get 9-11 hours of battery life, but I need to get 14-16.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to possibly improve my battery without limiting the phone to what it's suppose to be? What I mean is, WP is based around live tiles, if I stop all the tasks, then it's just a close version of iPhone with limited apps. I don't want that. I don't like iPhone or android. So, is there a way of possibly fixing my phone to make it so I can use it like WP was made to be used or should I just enjoy my lesser version iPhone?

I do not mean to offend anyone by comparing my phone to iPhone, so don't take me wrong with that.

ThePumisher

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
With all this background tasks it is no wonder batterie is down to 90% in this short time. Try only the stuff you really need as background task. With the mails i have no idea, maybe you need to get the mails just when they are send (for work as example).
I have also the 1020 and the only background tasks that are running are WhatsApp, Amazing Weather HD and Battery Performance. Emails sync every two hours (but that because i mainly receive them on my laptop and just automaticaly forward them to the phone). My battery stays up more than 24h with average usage.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I heard from someone not to block apps because they still constantly try to run. It only blocks the data from updating. So far I've gotten better battery life by unblocking the apps. But it's still the first day, so we will see.

copper_coin

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
There are some apps that drains your battery very badly. Like the one that monitors your battery. See which apps on your mobile phone do this kind of work.

Janda45

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I read where charging your battery past when it says it has 100% charge is bad for the battery. Well, my battery sure lasts a whole lot longer when I do. I deleted the battery app I had that monitored it's performance, allowed me to access turning off location and Bluetooth, and alerted me when the battery was fully charged. Battery performance improved asap. Get rid of those junk apps first. Charge your battery for an hour or so after it says 100% full and watch it outperform your results thus far. With all the stuff you have running I'm not surprised the battery drains that quickly and I'm even more surprised your carrier keeps replacing phones. Sure, there are some bad phones that make it to retail shelves but not that many where you keep running into bad experiences. Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6