1020 broken, due to sliding off flat surfaces!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You should have get a good phone casing which makes the 1020 placed evenly on table surfaces. Anyways, don't cry over spilled milk. Repair it if you like the phone so much, else get another smart phone. Or Asha, as Nokia advert it as drop tests proven.

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My phone slid off my bathroom table onto tile today as I forgot it was on my pants (inbetween they were folded(. I picked up my pants and it went crashing. Somehow though, not one mark on the screen or the body.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Well that was pretty insensitive! There is nothing crazy about this complaint. I'm a network engineer and can attest to the fact that electromagnetic pulls (basic physics) and screen design can certainly cause a phone to move on its own. This customer has absolutely every right to blame the provider and should be reimbursed. The customers "action" of placing the phone on a bed side table makes her human. Where do you put your phone John? I hope you don't sleep with it - but then again that may justify your post at 2:38am.

Stopped reading after the word "engineer".

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
So being a network engineer now also makes you an expert on kinetic energy transfer? c'mon guy, this complaint is just plain nonsense and either an all out lie or some important details were left out. I've had my 1020 on all sorts of surfaces both on the back and on the front and it has never even moved by itself. It's far more likely it was hit by an arm, a pillow, a sheet or whatever, maybe the OP had some great rough entertainment on the bed next to the bedside table the phone was on and does not recall it who knows.

I've never heard of a 1020 moving off of a table by itself and I am in a position to know quiet a few people who have one.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My 920 moved by itself if you placed it on the screen all the time. I place my 1020 on its hump. People... This really happens. Wpcentral even included it in an article or may have dedicated an entire article to it. I can't remember which. You are all being a little insensitive.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
My 920 moved by itself if you placed it on the screen all the time. I place my 1020 on its hump. People... This really happens. Wpcentral even included it in an article or may have dedicated an entire article to it. I can't remember which. You are all being a little insensitive.

An object at rest.
An object in motion.

Quite literally physics for grade school children. If it is moving there is something causing it to move.

Fpfpfpfp

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
If you place your phone with the screen up, it doesn't slide like it does face down.

Also, if your phone is plugged in with the wire dangling from your table, it will drag it towards the edge and make it fall off.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
An object at rest.
An object in motion.

Quite literally physics for grade school children. If it is moving there is something causing it to move.
Two low friction flat surfaces will rest on almost no occasion. It's like there is empty space between the two. Try it. Use a flat porcelain toilet lid and a low friction glass screen with no screen protector. I just feel like everyone is picking on OP when it is plausible and just because you are familiar with your grade school physics doesn't mean you are a physicist or know exactly what forces have been or are maintained on this person's device.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Two low friction flat surfaces will rest on almost no occasion. It's like there is empty space between the two. Try it. Use a flat porcelain toilet lid and a low friction glass screen with no screen protector. I just feel like everyone is picking on OP when it is plausible and just because you are familiar with your grade school physics doesn't mean you are a physicist or know exactly what forces have been or are maintained on this person's device.

There is a logical explanation for this. The radio antennas are receivers and transceivers. When they send or receive signal, they do so my absorbing or transmitting wavelengths. Those wavelengths are literally vibrations. We may not feel them, but the phone can vibrate because of it. When you put two low friction surfaces together, these vibrations can cause slow and subtle movements. There is nothing mysterious about that.

Iulian Popa

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
And I thought I was the only one with the moving 1020 issue! I feel for you, I once found my 1020 in the kitchen trying to kill itself with a boning knife, it ended up scratching its screen, but I saved it from certain death! I called Nokia, and they said it's not their fault for not taking care of my phone. Eventually I put a thick, steel chain through the laniard it came with and it worked! My Lumia 1020 is safe now! Hope this works for you too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12