Alternate Routes in HereDrive+?

Stephen Quinn

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I am wanting to use HereDrive+ as it allows for offline mapping but cannot seem to remove a specific road from my route.
Basically theres a road called the A57 which is referred to as Snakes Pass, we want to avoid that but cannot see how to do so in HereDrive+, is this not possible?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe HereDrive does alternative routes. You can go into Route Optimisation and choose between Faster route, Shorter route and Balanced route. These will often give different routes to your destination, but I don't believe you can just manually pick a different way to go unfortunately. It's probably best to travel to a specific part on a road you want to use, then from that point, navigate to your destination.

I drove the Snakes Pass last Autumn when I was in the Peak District on holiday. It has some great views and some nice challenging steep descents and tight corners etc, but I hear it can be really bad with traffic sometimes, especially if they have roadworks going on. The weather conditions changed a lot when I was driving it as well. Some parts were nice and clear and others I hit dense fog patches, so it's not always ideal.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not in Here Drive+, it isn't possible. CoPilot GPS has this feature, though, and I do believe Waze does as well, IIRC. CoPilot allows you to download maps, though I'm thinking that's a paid feature (I could be wrong - I bought several of their in-app purchases). Waze, I don't think allows you to download maps, though I'm not sure if it uses the downloaded Here maps or not (developers CAN use Here maps, but they don't have to).

One of the down sides of Waze is that it is a huge battery hog. Even charging while driving the battery discharges at a pretty good rate. I have not had this problem with CoPilot.

HTH!

Stephen Quinn

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm travelling from Lake District so had enough of scenery lol
Waze, we have tried that before but it's not very good at giving directions unless one person is keeping an eye on it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh - I also think CoPilot gives you a week of all features free, but don't hold me to that. I know there was a trial period. Check it out. I did, and I bought it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss