Outlook.com sync issues with calendar appointments

Janda45

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Using Outlook 2010 and Hotmail connecter. Able to use the calendar and contacts to sync to the Lumia 1020. Some issues I've run into are:

1. In Outlook the display shows the native calendar appointments not the Hotmail Calendar. I have to manually open the Hotmail connected calendar to see those appointments.
2. Alarms on my WP8 are doubled up now. Do I have to delete my appointments from one calendar to avoid this?
3. On occasion, I will be missing new contacts I add in Outlook in my WP8 device.
4. Appointments and contacts added in Outlook will show up in Outlook.com but they won't come over on their own to my WP8 without me syncing them through settings or using a calendar app sync function.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Last edited:

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have multiple accounts connected under emails + account (ie facebook, twitter, google), try removing all of them and then re-add them.
I had this problem after doing a hard reset recently, seems like one of my social account had problem syncing and somehow affected outlook's. Perhaps WP has problem linking your outlook contact with the incomplete social / other services syncs. After re-adding all accounts the syncs went on smoothly.

Or if you doesn't mind, try removing any security on your microsoft account.

Janda45

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having sync issues. Fixed the duplicate alarms by turning off all Outlook.com calendars linked to app. I'm hoping my other issues were isolated and will not continue.

I do not have any other email's or social media accounts activated on the phone. I think what we have is a limited system which iPhone, Android, and BB have weaknesses as well. Oh well...

Last edited:

Janda45

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have it set up correctly. I'm just finding some holes in the system that I hoped some expert level users would have encountered and remedied...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb