How to turn on LED flashlight?

Gary Anderson5

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
On my N8 and 808 I would just hold down the slide unlock. I did some searches but can't find out how to do it on the 1020. Do i need to get an app?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
you will need an app for that. The flash is created mainly for the camera though we seldomly use because of good low light capability.
But there is always a workaround and you wouldn't need a 3rd party app. On app settings go to photos+camera, tick on >press and hold camera key to wake phone(set default camera) then launch the camera app go to settings set light assist to on. Close the app and lock your phone.
Now wake your phone using camera key then do a half press. Viola! instant flash, just a full press away to take advantage of taking photos of the scene!

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had instances of the phone overheating after using a flashlight app. It seems that the third party apps are not able to shut down the process linked with it properly

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
On my N8 and 808 I would just hold down the slide unlock. I did some searches but can't find out how to do it on the 1020. Do i need to get an app?

Unfortunately, yes.. you need an app for this simple function. I took apple almost 5 years to add it to the OS, I am guessing it would take a while for Microsoft as well. It seems like its really hard to do..

But if they do it, they should just "borrow" the lock switch options, its the most convenient way by far as you don't even have to unlock the phone or touch the screen.

PS. you can't do that on the N8 since it doesn't have an LED bulb..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99